Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    They aired The Doctor's Daughter last night, and I have to say that was one of the most predictable pieces of tripe they've ever produced. There wasn't one solitary moment in that episode that wasn't either a blatant Dr Who cliche or a plain ol' TV cliche.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Silence in the library/Forest of the dead is a much more satisfying story. Writer Steven Moffat also Wrote Blink and earlier on The empty child/The Doctor dances. He has a much better handle on the scare factor essential to Who and the element of surprise and he's not obsessed with cramming pretty boys and mawkish dialogue into every episode. which will be a nice change once he takes over as chief writer from the fat pig faced oaf.

I loved SITL/FOTD two parter. It was a greatly written story and had the scare appeal working nicely.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

coming back to the issue of David tenants quiffy hair. I just went through al the episode pics i have ( I keep a visual record of the episodes to save having to sit through them with my finger on the pause button) and indeed, his hairstyle changed betwen Voyage of the damned and Partners in crime. he had a side parting before with a floppy fringe and now he has the top and sides chopped short with the spiky quiff a lot longer. going by hair length alone it's quite easy to track the order the episodes were filmed in. Yes I'm that bored. So bored I sat and watched Unbreakable starring Bruce Willis.

Thpoiler!!!!
    I also found a picture of the antagonist from the DW finale. the site i found it on doesn't make any claim about whether it's a legit pic or not but in my opinion it's a cobbled together photoshop job. I could be wrong but hope i'm not because if the pic is genuine i'll be disappointed.
    click here --> http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/<-- at the moment it's the top article and there's a link in the article.

Geez, I could have guessed that damned picture actually, it's like they're entirely out of gas now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They aired The Doctor's Daughter last night, and I have to say that was one of the most predictable pieces of tripe they've ever produced. There wasn't one solitary moment in that episode that wasn't either a blatant Dr Who cliche or a plain ol' TV cliche.
    I enjoyed the episode. I watched it online a couple days early since I was going to be out of town.

I set myself a creative writing task, to pen an episode of Dr. Who. It's not that easy. with so many sci-fi shows around and the massive amount of sci-fi in print and movies etc, there's very little ground to cover that hasn't been trodden well already. So I decided to explore the Tardis. set an episode inside the ship and get away from the console room. I've got an alien race in it but they're not malevolent. not that important and just there to break up the story a bit. a whole episode of just the Tardis interior would be dull otherwise. there is peril, albeit a milder sort than the usual insane scientist or plot to destroy the earth. I just thought an episode where the Tardis is shown to be a spacefaring ship would be cool. re-introduce Ida Scott from the impossible planet/the satan pit as a temporary travelling buddy seeing as the Doctor said he'd like to see her again and make the thrust of the story a puzzle more than an adventure. No stupid romance, no soap opera family, just a character driven episode where the viewer would be left guessing til the end.

it'll probably turn out to be a waste of my time and an absolutely terrible piece of writing but it'll help focus my mind on something.

Sounds like it could be interesting. Mind if I toss you an idea? If so, let me know and I will PM it to you. I think its a great idea. You might like it alot. It has to do with your idea for the episode
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Spoilers Ahead

Huge spoiler in the Sun today. It had pics of Davros and a red Dalek. I cant wait for these last 3 episodes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1299482.ece

Also, I thought Midnight was really cool. I enjoyed the fact that Donna was barely in it. The whole if you dont see it aspect really can be creepy and eerie

feel free to throw ideas at me. at least they don't hurt when they hit.

didn't much like Midnight. least of all the resolution to the character's problem. seemed like an old thing dusted off and trotted out again. there were some nice moments and Sky (lesley sharp) did a great job. I would have liked to see more of the planet than we got. Obviously this was the budget lite episode with only enough to cover two digital matte paintings as backgrounds. I just felt like the meat was missing from the pie on this episode. like it was written in a hurry. none of the characters were engaging. I found myself looking at the set rather than the actors. which is a bad sign. looking forward to the next three episodes though.

and yeah i saw those pictures on another site in huge hi-res quality. D looks great. but i'm not so sure about the RD pic. I have no context to attach to the pic so don't know why it looks like it does. you should go check out this site http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/ for some fresh spoiler pics..... pretty good.