I didn't like it. I hated morrisey but then again i've never rated him as an actor. he's so two dimensional. The story was fairly limp and dragged on far too long. Plus, the final few minutes with the big ******* didn't count for anything as it was all resolved with yet another of RTD's pathetic cop outs. So despite looking like a costume drama and having the usual bright coloured lighting and uninspiring out of place badly played music by murray Gold, it was a flat cringemaking amateurish affair. it ranks up there with Fear her and The Shakespeare code in the bad episodes table.
I have to agree with your evaluation, I was sorely disappointed.

Matt Smith
He's a weird looking blighter.
He's certainly a strange looking kid
Most of the Doctors are strange looking guys.

I am getting a bit frustrated at how often they keep burning though Doctors.

The new guy is a bit young, but that's not uncommon, I seems to remember Peter Davison was only 4 years older than this new guy when he took the reigns.

Personally, I wish Christopher Eccleston were still playing the Doctor, or at least wish he would have stayed on a few more seasons. I think it would have played better if he had stayed until the Rose issue had been resolved. The human Doctor/clone should have been Eccleston, IMO.

I wonder if we will see the Doctors daughter make a return, and how that will play with the new incarnation of the Doctor.

Then there is the issue of the female scientist in the library episode who claimed she knew him and that he looked so young. It sort of implied that he would be around, in his current form for quite some time. Grrr, stuff like this frustrates me.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the new season!