Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    it was a jest.

he's proving to be an unpopular choice. people just don't like the look of him. the Frankenstein's monster comparisons are everywhere. he doesn't look so bad with shorter hair though. they just need to give him eyebrows. his own are pretty non existent. that's what makes him look weird. unsettlingly so. kids which are the target audience need to take to him straight away and I don't think they will.

I watched The Next Doctor today, streamed it on my PS3 from the web. It started well, a cute idea, but got kinda obvious and basic by the first 3rd, then it was just another episode for me. Not terrible, not brilliant.

I don't think it's fair to judge the actor on his looks, Eccleston's an odd-looking duck but he was good with the part. I think having a prettyboy in the role has spoiled you.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't really see Tennant that way. He's 38. A bit long in the tooth to be a prettyboy.

And I'm not judging Matt 'Smithy' Smith on his acting at all. I haven't seen any to make that judgement. just a couple of clips where he didn't do much. I hope he wows me as the Doctor.

How old is Brad Pitt? A year older than Eccleston, 8 years over Tennant. Yet he's still a prettyboy for sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

have you seen Pitt lately? he's going the way of Robert Redford. all wrinkly prune like.

for me a prettyboy would be someone in their early/mid twenties. someone that just grew out of being a twink.

incidentally, there's a new fortnightly magazine with DVD being published by GE Fabbri. kinda like the star wars D'Agostini fact file stuff. it was advertised on TV earlier.

6.99 an issue with two modern Who episodes on DVD per issue starting with Rose and End of the world. Then sequentially running through to the end of season four.
    the fact files contain a variety of info and unseen photos, cutaway artwork done by the Who creative team specifically for this publication. behind the scenes interviews and stuff.

Not sure where it will be sold but I imagine most decent newsagents and news stands will have it. first issue out today.

I don't really see Tennant that way. He's 38. A bit long in the tooth to be a prettyboy.
    Well (in my best Tennant accent). Maybe not "pretty" but certainly more of a prettyboy than most ot the other doctors.
    May the force be with you.

Doctor Schmoctor! It's all about Jack Harkness anyhow.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Doctor Schmoctor! It's all about Jack Harkness anyhow.
    One of the characters on the new Knight Rider dressed as Jack on the Halloween episode. Some didn't get who he was. Those that did were wondering if he was trying to send a message by dressing as bisexual character.

You watch "Knight Rider"???!!

LOL

Captain Jack and Rose are, hands down, two of my favourtie television characters ever!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**