Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    The very first Dalek story featured Peter Cushing as the Doctor in "Doctor Who and the Daleks" (1965). Excellent origin story for those who have not seen it yet.

Cushing played the first Doctor in 2 feature films, for some reason William Hartnell played the first Doctor on television, but Cushing was selected to play him in 2 films "Doctor Who and the Daleks" and "Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD". Probably because the early years of Doctor Who were sporadic, Hartnell film "An Unearthly Child" in '63 as a pilot. It was likely a case of work schedule conflicts.

I have not watched "Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD" yet, but plan to soon.
    May the force be with you.

I'm not crazy about the Cushing movies, but only because they turned the Doctor into a human inventor and removed all references to him being a Time Lord, Galifrey, etc. Rather entertaining though, as I recall they were the first time any clue was given as to what was inside the Dalek's shell.

The early years were a bit confusing, Susan was playing the Doctors grandaughter and they were living in England while she attended school. Seems a bit odd now to look back on it all. I don't think they really planned it all out originally, at least not the way it ended up. They didn't even come up with the re-generation thing until William Hartnell became too sick to play the part any more.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    The very first Dalek story featured Peter Cushing as the Doctor in "Doctor Who and the Daleks" (1965). Excellent origin story for those who have not seen it yet.

Cushing played the first Doctor in 2 feature films, for some reason William Hartnell played the first Doctor on television, but Cushing was selected to play him in 2 films "Doctor Who and the Daleks" and "Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD". Probably because the early years of Doctor Who were sporadic, Hartnell film "An Unearthly Child" in '63 as a pilot. It was likely a case of work schedule conflicts.

I have not watched "Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD" yet, but plan to soon.
    The first Daleks story was the second serial in the series with William Hartnell broadcast in late 1963 and early 1964. The second serial with them was The Dalek Invasion of Earth. The Cushing films apparently were retellings of those stories. I've only seen the first Daleks serial, but not the second. I had to watch it on Youtube. For whatever reason, the PBS channel I'm watching them on skipped both Dalek serials at this point. They've shown all the other episodes so far with the exception of the serials that have missing episodes. Currently they are in the middle of The Space Museum from season 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who#Dr._Who_films

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    The Cushing films apparently were retellings of those stories.
    To the best of my limited memory, you're correct. The films were modified as I mentioned earlier though. I actually have a VHS of Doctor Who and the Daleks around here somewhere that I found at a Family Dollar years ago. As I said, I'm not a huge fan due to the modifications but since it's Peter Cushing I've got to cut it a little slack.

Den of Geek had this fun little article about who River Song might be.

It's clear that we (you-- all of you, me, the writer) are walking the same line here...

FUN!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Another possible tie in from last season - in "Victory of the Daleks", there was mention of a pilot shot down over the channel. The conversation seemed a little out of context at the time. Maybe I'm seeing red herrings everywhere, but the episodes and story arcs are usually plotted out very deliberately.

Another good episode, I can't wait 'til part 2 next week.

It seems they are determined to keep throwing us curve balls and adding to the possibilities of Doctor Who mysteries.

Good episode, but two weeks until the second part stinks. I'm dying to know what the deal is with the eye patch woman.

Yeah I saw that as well, two weeks!!!!

WTF?!?!?

Oh wait, next week is the Doctor Who marathon, which is why they a probably waiting to put out the next episode.