Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Tomorrow is the season finale, so make sure to catch the new ep too.

I've been really disliking the show lately. Ever since they went to America, there's been an ugly tone to the show, a cheap one that puts action and stupid twists and cheap-outs over Doctor Who storytelling. Amy has become incredibly 1-note and cliche', while the Doctor has just fallen flat, and they don't GO anywhere anymore. And what they did with River, while an interesting idea, turned out really sour this season. I blame Steven Moffat, his writing has been consistently mediocre since he's taken over and there's just this sense that he really doesn't get it, that he's running a show like Hollywood, not like Doctor Who.

That said, the last 3 episodes turned out pretty good. None of them had Moffat involved, IIRC, and they were better for it. I had actually been putting off watching episodes about 4 or 5 eps back, and then finally started catching up a few weeks ago and found them pulling out of the trashy hole they had dug for themselves. But tomorrow's ep, I do worry they're going to mishandle the hell out if it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Word is there will be no new episodes until 2013!

Grrr, an entire year with no episodes.
    May the force be with you.

Registered
    Northern Virginia, in toy hell. Nothing good here.
    I remember reading something about a "Year of Specials" for 2012 like Tennant had before his departure. I do hope they keep to that, I'd hate to go a full year w/out anything at all...but if the tradeoff is a spectacular 50th Anniversary 2013 season...I might take that trade.

Well, who watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe"?

Great episode as usual! I enjoyed the ending/reunion.

Very good episode, but I'm hoping we've seen the end of the "when I was a little girl" intro.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Very good episode, but I'm hoping we've seen the end of the "when I was a little girl" intro.
    Soon, Karen will be out and they should drop the weird intro at that point. Probably when the new season starts in 2013. She's kind of an important character though, what with being the Doctor's mother-in-law and all.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Well, who watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe"?

Great episode as usual! I enjoyed the ending/reunion.
    I wasn't even aware of it until I happened to be talking to a co-worker about Doctor Who on Friday. So, I was going to look into when it was on, but totally forgot about it. I see that it is going to be on the morning of 1/4, so I have set my DVR to record it. I also forgot to record the classic Doctor Who that was on the PBS station on Saturday. I'll have to look those two episodes up.

Has anyone else caught the latest episodes. They did a 1/2 season and just finished the Christmas Special. Amy and Rory are gone and the new character looks very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Has anyone else caught the latest episodes. They did a 1/2 season and just finished the Christmas Special. Amy and Rory are gone and the new character looks very promising.
    I missed some but was able to watch or DVR when they had a marathon for the mid season finale. I finally watched the last Amy/Rory episode last week. I almost forgot about the Christmas episode, but was home in time to catch the repeat.