Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 568
  1. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    I'm not too familiar with him either, so I did some research. According to IMDB, he was in World War Z and played the character of "W.H.O. Doctor". Coincidence?
    Well played.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I was hoping for Christopher Lee--a Doctor who's old as dirt, but too bada** to care.
    Uh, no. But as a consolation prize, for the Christmas special you get John Hurt who is pretty old and sorta badarse playing one of the incarnations of The Doctor, minus the name because what he did was not in the name of The Doctor (he pooped himself, I assume).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Uh, no. But as a consolation prize, for the Christmas special you get John Hurt who is pretty old and sorta badarse playing one of the incarnations of The Doctor, minus the name because what he did was not in the name of The Doctor (he pooped himself, I assume).
    I was secretly hoping that John Hurt would be the new Doctor. It would appear that he was the incarnation between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston and the one who ended the Time War. If that is the case, I find it hypocritical of the "Doctor" to take such a stance. Eccleston seemed to play it about right, all dark and brooding over what he had done. Smith seemed to be a little high on his horse over the whole thing.
    May the force be with you.

  3. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I was secretly hoping that John Hurt would be the new Doctor. It would appear that he was the incarnation between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston and the one who ended the Time War. If that is the case, I find it hypocritical of the "Doctor" to take such a stance. Eccleston seemed to play it about right, all dark and brooding over what he had done. Smith seemed to be a little high on his horse over the whole thing.
    I want Hurt to actually be Eccleston's 9th Doctor somehow, they have similar features and Eccleston was asked to return for the special but declined.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I want Hurt to actually be Eccleston's 9th Doctor somehow, they have similar features and Eccleston was asked to return for the special but declined.
    Yeah, I kinda always assumed Eccleston was the Doctor who fought in the Time War, or possibly McGann who regenerated into Eccleston. It looks like they slipped a non-Doctor (Hurt) Doctor in on us, making Capaldi the 13th generation (12th re-generation) 12th Doctor.
    May the force be with you.

  5. #555
    More importantly, if John Hurt isn't "The Doctor" and we don't know the real name of The Doctor, what do we call him?

    I'm just going to call him Bob, yes Timelord Bob!
    May the force be with you.

  6. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Yeah, I kinda always assumed Eccleston was the Doctor who fought in the Time War, or possibly McGann who regenerated into Eccleston. It looks like they slipped a non-Doctor (Hurt) Doctor in on us, making Capaldi the 13th generation (12th re-generation) 12th Doctor.
    Oh, the idea of Hurt being an older version of McGann's doctor, that'd work ok for me as well, I hadn't considered that. I don't think as much as The Doctor has owned up to his role in the Time War that the John Hurt character (that's the official name in my book ) would be disnamed for it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #557
    That doesn't really work though. Clara says clearly she had seen all 11 incarnations of him (including McGann) but she didn't recognize Hurt, and The Doctor says "he's me, but he's not the Doctor". So Hurt has to be incarnation 8.5 in my estimation. Considering we've seen each of the regenerations except McGann into Eccleston. Which is when the Time War took place. Since The Doctor recognizes McGann as "The Doctor" he has to be the incarnation between the two.

    FTR, I am calling him Timelord Bob, since we don't know his real name and he's "not The Doctor".
    May the force be with you.

  8. #558
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Timelord Bob.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	27772

    I made a meme for our new "non-Doctor Doctor"
    May the force be with you.

  9. #559
    Well, the new missing episodes are up on iTunes.

    The Enemy of the World - All 6 episodes

    and

    Web of Fear - 5 of 6 episodes with EP3 replaced using original audio and stills.

    All from the second Doctor late 1967 and early 1968!
    May the force be with you.

  10. #560
    So I went ahead and bought both series.

    The Enemy of the World leads into Web of Fear. Disappointing about episode 3 of Web of Fear but overall very well done. The Enemy of the World was a very fun episode. Patrick Troughton shined in his role as Salamander, it was fun watching him play the bad guy.
    May the force be with you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO