Old Kenner Mega Force Toys From the Eighties

Okay, so it is probably a longshot posting this for any number of reasons, but I figured what the heck.

I'm assuming Hasbro has the rights to all of the old Kenner stuff (and this assumption--if incorrect--is possibly the first reason this is a longshot), so I bring this up here. Every toy I ever played with in the eighties has come back in some form or another, but there is one slightly obscure toy line that hasn't seen the light of day in more than sixteen years: Mega Force, the (mostly) die-cast military vehicles displayed at this site: http://users3.ev1.net/~nate555/megaforce/

A lot of hard work went into designing these and I think people could appreciate them again. All you really have to change is the date on the packaging.

I'd love to see these toys rereleased. It would be great if some new vehicles could be released (especially naval vessels), but I would be quite pleased to see just the old stuff come out.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

DAMN DUDE, I was stoked to see a Megaforce reference on here, thanks for posting it (my buddies and I LOVE that film, mostly in ways it was not intended, and view it periodically, plus I bust out the theme song sometimes too)

I would guess that good ol "deeds not words" is practically public domain by now (tho still holdin out hope for a sequel)

The toys kinda still do exist- HOT WHEELS sometimes puts out really ridiculously painted versions of the "strike vehicle" (that armoured dune-buggy looking thing) and I almost actually bought one last x-mas to paint up in proper Megaforce colours for a buddy of mine (I still plan on doing this one day)

IIRC you were doing some custom paint stuff a while back, if you really want a megaforce vehicle it wouldn't be too hard to pull off (and you can get all the reference pics you need on 80's comic books )
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

You gave such an excited response that I almost feel bad to say I didn't mean the movie. There was a military toy line with two nations that were at war, the Triax and the V-Rocs (stupid names for countries but cool vehicles).

But thanks for remembering our brief PMs on the subject of customizing. In the back of my mind, my Arashikage tattooed clone:

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/fmkconlang/custom.html

is dedicated to you for your help.

I KNEW it was too good to be true !!

And I am honoured, that is a pretty sweet scheme on that clone, glad I could be of some use
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Mega Force is awesome! They *have* to bring that line back, it friggin' RULED! I still have the Crossbolt, Tartraks, Anti Aircraft tanks, and Skorpion around here somewhere, buried deep. This line would feel so fresh right now, there's nothing quite like it out on the shelves.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Heck, I'm digging the Clonetrooper with the Arishikage tattoo. That's itching.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    I KNEW it was too good to be true !!

And I am honoured, that is a pretty sweet scheme on that clone, glad I could be of some use
    Then consider its dedication official. I'm glad you approve.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Mega Force is awesome! They *have* to bring that line back, it friggin' RULED! I still have the Crossbolt, Tartraks, Anti Aircraft tanks, and Skorpion around here somewhere, buried deep. This line would feel so fresh right now, there's nothing quite like it out on the shelves.
    Yes! We have agreement! I figured all I was going to get in response was head scratching. I have everything but the Triax Backlash bomber. That thing is near impossible to get even on eBay. These toys really are perfect for army building. I'm astounded these toys haven't made some form of comeback. Come on (and here's possibly an obscure one for you), Men of Medal even made a return of sorts to toy shelves in the mid-nineties!