Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clonetrooper inspiration?

Did this comparison of a piece of art that theforce.net had on their site and a picture of an early royal guard costume concept, from the book 'The star wars archives.'
    What do reckon - is this the real inspiration for the descriptions of the clonetroopers wearing helmets with eyeslits and a ridge over the top? Is this how the clonetroopers will look? No-one really knows do they? I'd love for the clones to wear armour like this, all dark and mysterious and dangerous looking. It would be too much of a copout if they wore something that resembled the stormtrooper armour. This would look far more like something out of an RKO serial like flash Gordon that George seems to want to ape.

After seeing how totally bizarre the female and kid Tusken look, I'm hoping ol' George doesn't just go with a stromtrooper/mendalore mish-mash. I'm hoping to see something totally unexpected and equally bizarre. It's all about eye-candy, people.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

in the "Art of ROTJ" book, there are several concept drawings of the Royal Guards with that vane concept. I think Lucas was looking for a more Roman Centurion feel, and with the clone troopers, is trying to merge Fett's mask with a Roman Footsoldier motif. I am totally unsure how I'll react if Lucas really does go with a "prequel" of the Stormtrooper armor.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hold the phone Mabel, what do you mean "the way the female and child Tusken Raider look? He's changed the Tusken Raider costume? I going to go ahead and rant, why would he have it the original way in EP 1 and then change it for 2?

Ep2 marks the first time ever we will see a Tusken female and child and instead of going with the obvious route and make them look just like the male Tuskens we are accustomed to, GL had them totally redesigned in a freaky twist on an Arab motif.

I was just applauding GL's willingness to take chances with the designs of characters, because wouldn't it suck if every prequel character was just a redesigned OT character?

And don't call me Mabel.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Ok as long as it's just the women and children. And as long as it doesn't look too "new", I guess I can accept it. Anyone know where to view a pic of this new costume?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

The pics you speak of are the fabled realscan images that were leaked on the net not long ago. Georgey had his lawyers send letters to all the major fansites 'asking' them to remove the scans so as not to infringe on copyright ownership. However, some of us more enterprising souls have them on our hard drives and would be more than willing to share these pics with others if they should perchance leave a private message pertaining to this issue.....

I do not condone the theft of images from Lucasfilm and nor do I condone the distribution of these images for personal gain or remuneration.

Amazing, right after I read your last post I happened to stumble across those very pictures! The Tusken child and female masks look more futuristic, with more armor or something. I can only excuse this by saying maybe it's because they're women and children that they get better armor. It's just going to look weird after seeing what I'm used to Tuskens looking like.

So glad you were able to locate the pictorial data.....

I'm not sold on the child but the female looks kinda funky! She'll look great next to a bantha. I've got a pic of a bunch of maskless actresses which I'm sure are in the tusken female costumes. I might root it out and post it. maybe.....

Thumbs up

Before I say anything else, I hope that the scans of the female and child Tusken Raider are not real. I hope that it was a mistake becasue they look horrible. They should just look like what we are accustomed too. As for the Clone Trooper. I just think it will be a mix of a Royal Guard, a stormtrooper, and Boba Fett.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."