Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hasbro, I want my Commtech 4.0 reader!!!!!!

You want my money?!!! I'll give it to you! Makes this!!! http://www.commtechguide.com/

This is the first time I've seen the reader, though I have seen the chips before.
    Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

I had seen the reader before. It wasn't really different enough in terms of what it did to warrant production IMO. According to their site, it actually held *less* data than the one we got, 2 chips instead of 4.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't much care for Commtech chips anyway. They're ugly as stands, the numberings were all screwy, the voice quality was all screwy, and the sounds weren't even actually from the real actors (listen to Darth Maul to see what I mean). I doubt this would have been much of a real improvement. I'll do the voices myself, thank you very much.

But they had great play value!! And at least they were some form of stand! I for one would welcome them back with open pocket book! Especially if they released the 4.0 reader!!
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I didn't much care for Commtech chips anyway. They're ugly as stands, the numberings were all screwy, the voice quality was all screwy, and the sounds weren't even actually from the real actors (listen to Darth Maul to see what I mean).
    I realize I'm splitting hairs here, but remember they didn't use Ray's voice in the movie either. But I do understand your point. However just imagine what they could do with the current technology!!! I didn't bother me that the 4,0 would hold as much because it had the capacity to do more! I thought it would be cool to be able to put two chips down and have them interact! And the design that showed the Hyperdrive unit from the accessory pack fitting in it would have been really sweet! Plus a place to store your extra chips!!!
    Wanted; loose or sealed

COMMtech readers are awesome, but not so awesome that I think every home should have one.

Some homes, yes, but not ALL homes.

Well no, but not all homes should have monkeys either, and we all know how fun they can be!! Especially if you have access to a midget too!!
    Wanted; loose or sealed

Some of the chips' voices were taken from recordings, but the low storage and bandwidth abilities of the system actually made those sound worse than the fake ones.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wasn't too impressed with the whole commtech thing. I think it was a great idea to double them as stands. I wouldn't buy a reader though because of the mentioned poor sound and some voices are not the original.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I must be in the uber minority here. I was actually a big fan of the CommTech chips. The voices for the most part sounded like the actors or were pulled from the movie. They pictures were an added goodie as was the fact that they doubled as stands.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!