Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you want a VOTC repack line?

Assuming if Hasbro were to ever entertain the idea of replicating every single vintage carded figure into a VOTC, would you prefer a VOTC sub-line for already awesome sculpts that would just be rereleased in VOTC packages?

I could see a problem with the price since it's one thing to pay $10-12 for these brand new VOTC figures even if they are shoddy (3PO, Yoda, Leia) but for repacks would be odd. Maybe have the price around $8? (Assuming regular figures don't go up another buck. )

Theres definitely some sculpts already released that would be highly difficult (or pointless to try) to improve and I think would look nice with the rest of the VOTC figures. Please post your ideas as well.

TIE Fighter Pilot (Saga/OTC)
    AT-AT Driver (Saga 2)
    AT-AT Commander (Veers- Saga 2)
    General Madine (Saga/OTC)
    Bespin Leia (OTC)
    Cloud Car Pilot (OTC)
    FX-7 (POTJ)
    Lobot (OTC)
    AT-ST Driver (Saga TRU Imperial Assault pack)
    General Lando (Saga/OTC)
    IG-88 (POTJ/OTC)
    Bossk (Saga/OTC)
    Dengar (Saga)
    Skiff Guard Lando (Saga/OTC)
    Royal Guard (ROTS)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I could really go for something like that. I have most of a entire vintage set loose (except Yak and Stormie Luke) and I have 12 carded. Something like this would make me happy with my loose ones and give up on a vintage carded run. A VOTC run would look great displayed without shelling out $$$$$$$$$$. I would also dig if they took main prequel figures that were great sculpts and create a vintage card back for them.
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."

You resurrected a 6 month old thread just to post no? Crazy...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I had more to say but took it the dear hasbro section instead and besides, what pray tell is wrong with vehemently voicing an opinion in the negative?

Nothing, it just seemed uneccessary to me to resurrect a half year old thread just for that.

I'm bored with other threads. And I can, so I did. Now go talk to caesar and slicker about some of the threads they dig up and post in. hmmm.

Caesar is the master digger. He's already found three Stegosaurus skeletons, one Pterodactylus, and a Dsungaripterus.
    Last edited by TheDarthVader; 09-29-2006 at 10:46 PM. Reason: for the love of...okay...added some information
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    Dsungaripterus
    Wow. That is the most obscure dinosaur pterosaur reference I've seen in ages.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    I'm bored with other threads. And I can, so I did. Now go talk to caesar and slicker about some of the threads they dig up and post in. hmmm.
    I'm here if anyone wants to talk.

Although, I probably should have waited 6 months to make this post.