Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Toys

Forgotten Toys

Ever find a box of stuff you forgot you owned?

I was cleaning under the bed this weekend, and I found the plastic bin I keep a bunch of my non-Star Wars Toys. I haven't opened that box in who knows how long. Anyway, it is mostly stuff I bought back in the late 90s.

Here is a partial list of what I found:

• nearly a complete set of the old mini football helmets (from the quarter gumball machines, including the a couple old Tampa Bay helmets)
    • some sort of scuba lego guy with mini-sub
    • McFarlane's Slapshot Hansen Brothers
    • McFarlane's Bob and Doug McKenzie
    • 3 match-box sized Transformers (I think one is Soundwave, but he is a blue pick-up)
    • WWF Bend 'ems: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Yokozuna
    • and a bunch of Kenner Starting Line-Ups

I forgot how cool the Hansen Bros and were. The battery died in one of the McKenzie Bros stage, but it looks like it can be replaced. I have not idea why I bought some of this stuff or kept it this long.

Does this happen to anyone else?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I had a Charlie in the Box.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I had a Charlie in the Box.
    Nobody wants a Charlie in the Box.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Except for your mom.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm sure if I dug in my closet I would find things there (including some skeletons), but since I really don't have there room to move stuff around (not to mention the time) I won't know for at least several years when I move, and look in the many boxes, then repack them to go into my next closet.

I do know one box under my bed has some of these skeloton figures, but I can't remember the name of the cartton series they were from. The one skeleton has a kick arse bike, which is why I bought them in the first place.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Rogue II,

I have a bunch of those old football helmets also. I nearly got a complete set but for some reason I could never get a Raiders. I got like 10 of the Dolphins though (go figure)..

I am curious to know which Starting Lineups did you have? Any football?
    I still have a bunch of my old starting lineups, like Montana, Elway, Sanders, etc...the only one I have still in the packaging is Curtis Martin.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I had those Hanson figures too. I loved 'em, but I had to take them down becuase they were to heavy to stand on their own - the knees were seperating from the leg and would have eventually broken.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett96
    Rogue II,

I have a bunch of those old football helmets also. I nearly got a complete set but for some reason I could never get a Raiders. I got like 10 of the Dolphins though (go figure)..

I am curious to know which Starting Lineups did you have? Any football?
    I still have a bunch of my old starting lineups, like Montana, Elway, Sanders, etc...the only one I have still in the packaging is Curtis Martin.
    I have some football and hockey, but mostly baseball. Off the top of my head, I have a Antwan Smith (Bills), Drew Bledsoe (Patriots), and a Doug Flutie(Bills) loose. Carded, I have a Doug Flutie and an old Thurman Thomas. There were also some of those "Headliners" figures--Kind of a big head/small body figure. I have a Jim Kelly, and a 4 pack with Barry Sanders, Brett Farve, Jerry Rice, and someone else, maybe Steve Young.

A lot of my baseball figures are Yankees, but I have others like Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Yaz, Ted Williams, McGuire(2-pack), Griffey(2-pack), Tony Gwynn, Biggio, (and my wife has a bunch of Mike Piazza stuff). I also have a freeze frame SLU, but I can't find it right now. I'm not even positive who it is...could be someone like Juan Gonzales or Palmiero. It might be in a different box with some of my SW stuff.

I do have a couple basketball figures: Larry Bird & McHale(sp?) from a 2-pack loose and a 3 carded Mattel Michael Jordans. Looks like I have 2 of a lot of teams, including the Raiders. There were like 4 old Broncos helmets, 3 Bengals, Seahawks, Bills, and Chiefs...and on and on. It was wierd seeing the old Houston Oilers and Tampa Bay helmets, too.

There was also a Spiderman with a lamp-post and some Tick mini-figures.

I wouldn't mind parting with a lot of these sports figures, but I don't know the best way to do it. There probably isn't much of a market for these anymore.

i found a Liftticket (G.I. Joe Tomahawk pilot) the other day...too bad i don't have the tomahawk chopper anymore. i also found some vintage TF's...a few constructicons, gears, bombshell, cliffjumper.

JF96, i have some football starting lineups as well...i can't remember all the ones i have but i know i have aikman, brunell. could you use a Pennington Mcfarlane by any chance? i have one still in package.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I was just on Beckett's website (aparently, they have kenner stuff on there as well as regular sports cards). I put those 3 Michael Jordan figures in, and supposedly they are worth a total of $60. But, after a quick check on e-bay, they are going for a lot less....I have 2 of these
    and this one