Question about latest repacked ROTS Anakin

The newest repack of last year's ROTS #2 Anakin is The Saga Collection's #25, Anakin with cloth robe which also comes with case-mate Obi-Wan. My question is this, did Anakin ever wear a classic brown Jedi robe in ROTS? The figure is wearing such a robe, but I thought Anakin wore a darker, differently-shaped robe than Obi-Wan's.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nope. Anakin's robe was always darker, close to black. And in AOTC, it looked more like a cape with sleeves than it did a typical Jedi robe. And aside from the material used on the robe, it's really not much different from the Anakin Evolutions figure, which was a better all-around figure anyway.

Y'know, Trixie (can I call you "Trixie"?), I hadn't even noticed the coloration of the cape until you just pointed it out. Just laziness on Hasbro's part?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't know the answer but I was just about to queue up a little ROTS action in a few minutes here, so I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Y'know, Trixie (can I call you "Trixie"?), I hadn't even noticed the coloration of the cape until you just pointed it out. Just laziness on Hasbro's part?
    No, you may not. And yes, my guess is laziness as well.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I watched this wonderful movie again last night and you are definitely right about the color, JT.

It does seem to be a little differently shaped from Obi's as well but that is harder for me to pinpoint due to the variation in color. That might throw off my perception of the style a bit, I don't know. In some shots the style looks the same and in other shots, different.

I haven't even seen the figure in question but I also assume it was just laziness on Hasbro's part.

Yeah, it's got to be laziness, "just use the same robe we made for Obi-Wan", couldn't even have it done in a different color material.

That was the "issue" robe he was given by the order. The black one from the movie is a custom jobby, created by a Master Jedi Tailor that was maybe a little too fond of checking Ani's inseam measurement.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

....Riiiiiiiight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dr%20Evil.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	13724

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, it's got to be laziness, "just use the same robe we made for Obi-Wan", couldn't even have it done in a different color material.
    It's about time you replied to my post.

I've been waiting for 6 weeks.