Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SideShow can't be serious about selling "half of Maul?"

I think Rebelscum's news and SideShow are pulling our legs. They can't seriously be selling the lower half of Darth Maul by itself! I'm sure an "action feature" of the figure may be that it splits in the center. Hasbro did that. But Sideshow selling it separately? Come-on!

They're probably poking fun at Master Replicas who offer half Maul's saber if you can't afford to buy the whole thing in one shot (not that many actually are buying it in halves that I've heard of).

In any case, whole or half, Darth Maul is NOT on my 12" wish list. Hasbro did quite nicely with him and I have 2 regular versions, 1 on the Sith Speeder, and 1 Masters-of-The-Dark-Side set with "Sebastian Shaw Vader 14" as a 2-pack. That's enough for me already.

Palpatine, depending upon which one they make, is the ONLY Sith Lord I'm interested in buying.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Gonna give 12" Lando a run for his money there.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll assume the "pre-order" coming soon will be on Sat. - April 1st!
    It would be a good April fools joke and a fun way to introduce the next 12". If this is the case, the real preorder would be announced at that time.
    I am torn about a Darth Maul. I really like the character, but Hasbro's with some tweaking is pretty good. The electronic one, wearing the reg 12" cloak suits my display purposes.
    I certainly would not by 2 halves and pay shipping twice!, but I think it's a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by kraigmc
    I am torn about a Darth Maul.
    torn in half ?

Damn it SSC! I have had enough with the fun and games! It's not funny, it's not cute so knock it the **** OFF!

Yeah SSC Maul will be awesome, can't wait. Oh sorry about that 1st part guys, that was the little boy inside my head.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I never understood the excitement about SideShow's 12" figures, they are overpriced & look nothing like the characters likeness (face), while the clothing & extras are spot on. I guess you guys don't have to worry about the face this time around & it's only half the price.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    I never understood the excitement about SideShow's 12" figures, they are overpriced & look nothing like the characters likeness (face), while the clothing & extras are spot on. I guess you guys don't have to worry about the face this time around & it's only half the price.
    Uh oh, Turbs is gonna be back any moment now and he's a gonna be one salty dog at you for dissin' his SSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Uh oh, Turbs is gonna be back any moment now and he's a gonna be one salty dog at you for dissin' his SSC.
    Count down to a scuffle in 5...4...3...2...1..
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!