Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Actually, in this case I believe it'd be more correct to say that Steve agrees with me, I'm the one who pushed for no-images back in May.

Bring it up in a separate thread in the Comments/Suggestions forum after SDCC and we'll give more thought to it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ok sounds good
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

Here is the thing with images within posts... there is only a set width that could be used or the formatting will be off (the image width is wider than the forum space).

This combined with slower load time (because images have to be loaded and if it's a long thread with tons of images, that could problematic). So, we opted for thumbnails. A little of both worlds. Problem solved IMO.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

oh ok, you have it set to reduce to thumbnails? I didn't notice that, I just noticed everyone posting links, and I always felt it was better to allow images to be attached to keep members at the site. Cool thanks SirSteve
    Order66

Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

fyi, if and when you do allow sigs as JT stated and I will post the suggestion appropriately, there is a hack to make it so only one per member shows up on a page, so as to not have every post by the same person also reveal their signature. Its very stable and I use it on 3 of my forums, but I will give you that info at another time if you want.
    Order66

What Steve is talking about with the image thumbnails is attachments, not linked images, those still come up as links (a thumbnail would be interesting, but that'd have to be a hack).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There will be a big upgrade after comic-con to the forums that has new functionality and more control over signatures so we may re-evaluate them at that time.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

ok thanks again for being so receptive
    Order66