Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Anyone catch the Christmas episode? What a strange, sad twist to the series.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I've been hit or miss with the show for the last year or so, more miss than hit. No reason why.

That bad, huh?

I'm wondering if they are worried about getting their last year in. So far, a lot seems forced/hasted as if they are rushing to finish the story.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I'm wondering if they are worried about getting their last year in. So far, a lot seems forced/hasted as if they are rushing to finish the story.
    I have to agree. What episodes I have seen seem like the writers are trying to tie up loose ends and storylines.

I still enjoy the show (enjoy the reruns better) but the premise is getting a little stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The show has been renewed through next season so I'm not sure I'd say forced/hasted, they have something like 30ish episodes left, and we don't even know where it will end ie. do we see a girl and older Ted says that's how I met her? Or do we see the courtship etc?

I've been feeling exactly the opposite on the rushing thing. We've had several episodes in a row where nothing is really happening. Okay. Barney likes Robin. Robin likes Barney. Even if the writers don't spend the next several episodes rinsing and repeating, and even if Robin is the one Barney's marrying, they've still got a wedding to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    The show has been renewed through next season so I'm not sure I'd say forced/hasted, they have something like 30ish episodes left, and we don't even know where it will end ie. do we see a girl and older Ted says that's how I met her? Or do we see the courtship etc?
    I've heard he meets the wife and that's it. But you're right, the show's hardly in any danger of not having another season. I'm more worried we're going to waste another half a season with the "will they, won't they" between Barney and Robin.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I've heard he meets the wife and that's it. But you're right, the show's hardly in any danger of not having another season. I'm more worried we're going to waste another half a season with the "will they, won't they" between Barney and Robin.
    I hope not, in this past weeks rerun I was reminded that there is a guy that Robin will sooner or later be with, he was the guy at the store where Ted bought his red boots. I think the Robin/Barney thing has played out...or at least I hope it has.

I'm going to have to look around for the boots thing. I can feel my memory jogging, but it's jogging in circles just at the moment. Edit: I looked it up. In "Hopeless," in flashback, we see Ted and Robin at a clothing store where Ted is buying the boots, and she sees a guy she finds attractive. In the present Robin runs into the guy, who is about to talk to her, but she and Ted had been pretending to be together, and Ted announces they're going to get married. The guy calls a friend and mentions that he ran into that cute girl again but that she's getting married. Future Ted narrates that more is to come of that.

Totally with you on the Robin/Barney thing. I really think Barney should have stuck with Nora. I'd say I want her to be the one Barney is marrying (If I was unconvinced Robin and Barney were getting together before, you reminded me of that other guy), but I'd be pretty annoyed if her character takes Barney back.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Yeah, she ran into him twice so far and supposedly going to run into him again. But ultimately I believe she is supposed to end up with Barney as referenced in their break up episode. There is also supposed to be some huge break up in the group between Robin/Barney/Ted.

It was nice to see a new episode tonight, although who didn't see Robin's storyline coming a mile away?

www.puzzelsthebar.com