Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    I liked the exchange between Sandy and Robin as she dragged him back to the show. Suggesting a three way was bad. Starting by yourself made it worse. Finishing by yourself was the nail in the coffin.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I was glad to see that the writers didn't waste much time with the whole Ted and Robin thing, I hope based on what was said there won't be anymore Barney and Robin.

I was worried that they were going to do that for the rest of the season. They are hitting the message from Victoria hard.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I was worried that they were going to do that for the rest of the season. They are hitting the message from Victoria hard.
    She was the one that said something along the lines of Ted/Barney and Robin being friends is weird/somebody will get hurt right?

Yeah, she said neither one of them would have a meaningful relationship as long as they remained best friends with Robin. I still expect Robin and Barney to end up together, but apparently, robin still has to hook up with the guy from the clothing store.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I was glad to see that the writers didn't waste much time with the whole Ted and Robin thing, I hope based on what was said there won't be anymore Barney and Robin.
    I wouldn't be surprised either way, but my money's on Barney and Robin not getting together.

Barney is going to marry the stripper from last week, I just got that vibe from the whole thing, and it'd be a fitting twist on the character.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ted smoking meat in Robin's old room? Come on!?!?! Plus, ok I get it they want out of LI but come on they just bought that joint!!!

Robin and her 'journal' was great, that whole story probably would have been iffy but they way they showed it...great!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Barney is going to marry the stripper from last week, I just got that vibe from the whole thing, and it'd be a fitting twist on the character.
    That's how I see it going down too. Unless the writers strongly suspect there will be a ninth season, they're going to have to get Robin and Barney back into separate relationships, end those relationships, get back together and marry by the end of next season. It's not impossible, but it's more rushed than I'd like it to be. And who knows, maybe they'll got for a ninth season and get Barney and Robin back together seven or eight more times.

And I'm wondering if the writers aren't trying to show Barney and Robin are terrible together. All they seem to do is run up a list of people they hurt, including each other. They're not really entertaining together, and they're not particularly likeable.

Then you have Barney who seems to be on a path toward changing his wild ways toward family (he's had three significant crushes--Robin, Nora, and Quinn all within a year), married life with children (he went so far as to borrow his brother's baby). You have Robin who's dead set on pretty much being exactly what she is now, career-oriented, without the life-changing presence of children. Barney needs a woman who's different than he is, a wife to help him make that change for, not a bro to smoke cigars and go to clubs with. Robin more closely represents the life he's moving away from, not the life he's moving toward.

Plus Quinn's a stripper. How legendary could that be? You know it. I know it. The answer is very!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Plus, ok I get it they want out of LI but come on they just bought that joint!!!
    I haven't watched the new episode yet, but how's this for a prediction? Barney will buy the house from them to start his family with Quinn. He will happily live on Long Island and will hate the prospect of ever having to take the Drunk Train.

I know the 5 main people are locked in for an 8th but I think that may be a good time to shut things down. I read something about NPH might or not be back for a 9th and as many movies and whatnot Jason Segal is doing I'm not so sure about him coming back for a 9th either. As for the other 3??? They aren't doing anywhere near as much away from HIMYM as those 2 so maybe they'd want to continue?