Hybrid View

How I Met Your Mother

Does anyone else watch this? I think it's the first thing I've watched regularly on CBS in . . . perhaps ever.

It's generally pretty funny, and most of the characters graduated from high school the year after I did, so the references are always dated for my consumption. Of course I mostly bring the show up because of the fact that they will have a Star Wars reference every couple of shows. It's slightly unfortunate, though, that the first episode I watched was the "Slutty Pumpkin" episode and none has been as funny as that episode. Well, an episode involving Winnie from Wonder Years and a pineapple came close.

As far as consistent laughs go, Neil Patrick Harris (yep--Doogie) makes me laugh the most often with his over the top women's man, love of Laser Tag and battle cry of "Suit up!" Of course I wouldn't be me without mentioning that Cobie Smulders is good reason to watch this show regardless of its content otherwise.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

re: How I Met Your Mother

Kind of unexpected to see a posting for "How I Met Your Mother" on this website, but hey, it's a GREAT show. The only shows I watch on tv are The Sopranos and King of Queens...but I caught wind of "How I Met Your Mother" when it first started and I've been hooked since....the characters are very cool and were close to my graduating time, too....I may be a couple of years older, but the laughs are a usually from a good flashback remembrance. Barney is a cool character and I have adapted his "suit up!" exclamation to my wife's annoyance. Add some more great writing and Alyson Hannigan's cute self and I look forward to tune in every week.......oh yeah, and Star Wars is the best movie of all time.

I love this show, and I think alot has to do with Doogie's character being such a polar opposite from Doogie. He's almost like the guy he played in Harold & Kumar (if anyone wasted 1 1/2 hrs on that movie, I did but I was wasted).
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic
    He's almost like the guy he played in Harold & Kumar (if anyone wasted 1 1/2 hrs on that movie, I did but I was wasted).
    I loved Harold and Kumar. That movie was freakin' hilarious. NPH did a great job as well. I still laugh when I picture him blowing those lines of coke off that chicks butt in the car.

Sometimes I'll watch HIMYM but it's not a show I sit down and watch every night it's on. The episodes I have seen are surprisingly good though. This is a show I'll definitely visit when it's released on dvd.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

The show is cute, but the writing has gotten kinda mired in sitcom standards, and Ted & Robin thing is lame lame lame. Barney is almost always funny though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know how this show lasted an entire season.

I prefer my sitcoms to be funny.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The Ted & Robin thing is lame lame lame.
    Not to mention it likely paints them into the corner where no one is going to be happy with the resolution.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat
    I loved Harold and Kumar. That movie was freakin' hilarious. NPH did a great job as well. I still laugh when I picture him blowing those lines of coke off that chicks butt in the car.
    Yeah at times that movie had me laughing.

Doogie definitely does steal the show when he's 'bad Doogie'
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine