Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace
    Not to mention it likely paints them into the corner where no one is going to be happy with the resolution.
    "Kids, I have something to tell you... Aunt Robin is your mother. That's right, the question of how I met your mother, I answered it when we first started talking about this whole thing. No, I can't explain why I've been calling her 'aunt' Robin to you all this time, shut up!"

The great thing about Barney is that he's just like Neil Patrick Harris' character from Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle (where he played Neil Patrick Harris) except without the drugs and success.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    "Kids, I have something to tell you... Aunt Robin is your mother. That's right, the question of how I met your mother, I answered it when we first started talking about this whole thing. No, I can't explain why I've been calling her 'aunt' Robin to you all this time, shut up!"
    I'll also accept, "And that's how I met your mother. . . . But I've been having a wild affair with your Aunt Robin ever since. In fact, let me tell you about how I'm leaving your mother."
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I've only seen the show a couple of times, I've actually thought its pretty good.

NP Harris does make the show. You have to tune in to see what great one-liner he'll have that week.

Allyson Hannigan is pretty funny, too.

Well, I turned on my TV yesterday, called up my DVR recordings and had some How I Met Your Mother goodness waiting for me.

I missed the second to last episode of last season and the second half of the last episode due to recording problems, so I was a little behind and surprised at events. I really didn't imagine Marshall and Lilly breaking up (even if temporarily), but I'm not too surprised about Ted and Robin getting together.

So anyway, good episode, but I don't remember too many of the parts that made me laugh. I liked when Ted's children told them it felt like he had been telling them for a year how he met their mother. Self referential jokes are good when they work. Of course the number one line goes to Neil Patrick Harris's Barney: (paraphrased) I'm at a fundraiser, a fundraiser to help attractive young ladies to pay for Community College. Ted: So you're at a strip club.

Ah, it's been far to long since Cobie Smulders has been a weekly part of my entertainment. Didn't a wise man once say television allows you to be entertained in your living room by people you want to entertain you in your bedroom? I know it was something like that.

NP Harris, of course, had some of the best lines. His little pantomines with the new couple were hilarious.

Had a church meeting and got home in time to see the last two minutes, when Lilly confronted Barney in the bar with the clemedia. Throughout my meeting, I kept looking at my watch, thinking it's quarter after, it's twenty after....

Arggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Had a church meeting and got home in time to see the last two minutes, when Lilly confronted Barney in the bar with the clemedia. Throughout my meeting, I kept looking at my watch, thinking it's quarter after, it's twenty after....

Arggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, joke-wise, you missed the set-up but caught the punchline to the only really funny part of the episode. Barney promised to take Marshall out and help him meet women, but every woman Marshall met Barney ended up going home with. He was just about to go home with the twins when Lilly showed up and asked if there was anything she could do to make up for breaking up with Marshall. He apparently asked her to go into the bar and accuse Barney of giving her an STD.

If you had to miss an episode, that was a good way to go. You didn't miss much. Spoiler-wise, Marshall told Lilly that they can't get back together. I didn't really even follow the complete logic in it, because I was cooking or surfing the Internet both times I've attemtped to watch it.

De nada.

And apparently that message was too short, so I've added this message about how the above was too short.