Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    No brothers and not in NY, but yeah.

Was bummed they used a friggin' Hasbro saber for the turkey scene at the end.

NPH is really cut, didn't need to know that, but hey, there ya go.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I read The Bro Code yesterday at a local Barnes and Noble. It only took about an hour (I had time to kill). Its a nice fun little read, I'd never pay the $15ish dollars for it. Has anybody else read it?

Thanks for that info, JJB. I forgot that the book was out.

Anybody else annoyed at the ripoff last 2 episodes?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

After you come off an instant classic like the texting ep, anything else is a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Two episodes ago Older Ted goes on and on about how running into Stella was such a huge deal yet in the next episode it hasn't been shown how its such a big deal (although if you read the synopsis for the finale you have more of an idea). The real bulk of the story was about Barney and his "200th."

As for this past weeks episode while it wasn't bad it didn't give much to the audience as far as advancing the plot goes. As I said above you don't know why running into Stella was such a big deal (other then confirming she isn't the mother).

So yeah I guess I feel a bit annoyed but I wouldn't say its been a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I read The Bro Code yesterday at a local Barnes and Noble. It only took about an hour (I had time to kill). Its a nice fun little read, I'd never pay the $15ish dollars for it. Has anybody else read it?
    I picked it up around December for 7 bucks. Good, fun read. Some of the "Codes" were laugh out loud funny. You ever check out Barney's Blog? They have the napkin where they wrote "50 Reasons to have Sex" on.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Without Lily, it just isn't as good of a show. Not that she makes the show, but the five of them work so well with each other that when one is gone it hurts the product. It's kinda like a short handed situation in hockey.

Speaking of Lily being gone, did anyone look up the punchline to Barney's joke that caused her to leave? What's the difference between Peanut Butter and Jam? Disgustingly funny, depending on the punchline you find.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    Speaking of Lily being gone, did anyone look up the punchline to Barney's joke that caused her to leave? What's the difference between Peanut Butter and Jam? Disgustingly funny, depending on the punchline you find.
    Wow, I just looked it up . . . that's hilarious!

A few weeks ago, when Barney and Marshall were listening to the big, black guy and fawning over him, I was thinking that he had a cool, somewhat familiar voice. Later on in the episode, I looked over at my animated Jabba, and then I put two and two together right before the credits confirmed it: it was Kevin Michael Richardson, who's done tons of voice work, including Jabba in TCW. I thought that was kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    A few weeks ago, when Barney and Marshall were listening to the big, black guy and fawning over him, I was thinking that he had a cool, somewhat familiar voice. Later on in the episode, I looked over at my animated Jabba, and then I put two and two together right before the credits confirmed it: it was Kevin Michael Richardson, who's done tons of voice work, including Jabba in TCW. I thought that was kind of funny.
    Thats pretty cool. Can you imagine Jabba giving woman advice to Barney and Marshall?

Thats whats great about voice over work. You never know where they'll show up next. I think the guy that did the voice of Barricade in the Transformers movie did the voice of Wakko Warner in Animaniacs.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Does anybody know the difference between jam and jelly?