Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Last night's ep alone should get Jim Parsons another Emmy nomination. Instant classic!!!

Yeah, you don't get to see Sheldon break down that badly too often, and he made good work of it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tantrum!!!

Reminds me of Jolt from about 20 years ago. I used to drink that stuff during finals in college.

[FONT=Courier New]My wife and I have just discovered this show in the last few months and it's been a delight to watch 2 re-runs (on Lifetime) and 1 new one each week. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I like all the characters and it's been fun to catch up. NPH is HILARIOUS.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Having said all that, I couldn't help but be a little creeped out by the Lily/Scooter story in light of an elementary school teacher in Tacoma, WA (2 1/2 hours north of where I live) being killed last week by her stalker, someone who'd known her and been obsessed with her since they met in college. Story here.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I know shows are written and made LONG before they air, but it was too "close".[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It reminded me of the time a Simpsons rerun that aired here in Portland a day or two after Dale Earnhardt was killed. The episode? The one where Maude Flanders dies at a NASCAR race.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]All in all last night's episode was pretty funny and the subject of people being "on the hook" (or in my circle of friends "BF/GF on the shelf) rang true since I've seen it with friends and in my own life.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I didn't care for last night's episode, it just felt off, splintered. And Carrie Underwood (really? why?) didn't seem even remotely up Ted's alley.

That's weird about the similarities to life. Unfortunately, that's how fiction works sometimes. The X-files spinoff The Lone Gunmen had its pilot episode dealing with a plot to fly an airliner into the World Trade Center which aired in March of 2001.

My sister and I were on the phone watching the episode, and she and I both exclaimed that Scooter looked enough like NPH to be his brother. Turns out, it's NPH's long-term boyfriend!!! Yikes.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That's weird about the similarities to life. Unfortunately, that's how fiction works sometimes. The X-files spinoff The Lone Gunmen had its pilot episode dealing with a plot to fly an airliner into the World Trade Center which aired in March of 2001.
    [FONT=Courier New]I think I remember that episode.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I really liked that show. I was sorry to see it canceled and to see the characters die on the X Files.[/FONT]

Me too, I liked it and was bummed it didn't continue, and then that crappy X-files follow-up episode was a massive disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    ...and then that crappy X-files follow-up episode was a massive disappointment.
    [FONT=Courier New]Much like most of the final 2-3 years of the X Files themselves (IMO).[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Much like most of the final 2-3 years of the X Files themselves (IMO).[/FONT]
    Yeah, no kidding. The last full year with Duchovny and then ESPECIALLY the episodes with Annabeth Gish were unbearably bad.

Fox treated another X-files-related show badly, Millennium built and built and then disappeared, only to get a crappy final story in another garbage late X-files episode.