Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Fox treated another X-files-related show badly, Millennium built and built and then disappeared, only to get a crappy final story in another garbage late X-files episode.
    [FONT=Courier New]Fox was a graveyard for good shows in the late 90's/early 00's.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Fox was a graveyard for good shows in the late 90's/early 00's.[/FONT]
    Actually, it's pretty bad from the early '90s up until now, here are shows I liked that were killed early thanks to Fox:

1. Andy Richter Controls the Universe
    2. Arrested Development
    3. Back to You
    4. Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot
    5. Brimstone
    6. Briscoe County Jr
    7. Dark Angel
    8. Family Guy
    9. Firefly
    10. Futurama
    11. Get a Life
    12. Greg the Bunny
    13. Herman's Head
    14. It's Garry Shandling's Show
    15. John Doe
    16. Justice
    17. Keen Eddie
    18. Killer Instinct
    19. M.A.N.T.I.S.
    20. Millennium
    21. Ned & Stacey
    22. Parker Lewis Can't Lose
    23. Space: Above and Beyond
    24. The George Carlin Show
    25. The Lone Gunmen
    26. The Tick
    27. Titus
    28. VR.5
    29. Wanda at Large
    30. Woops!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]I liked a LOT of those shows.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Don't forget "[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Action[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]" with Jay Mohr. That was a funny show.[/FONT]

Not gonna read any of the posts before this since I just started watching this, I'm 3-4 episodes in and I think it's great!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

That's weird about the similarities to life. Unfortunately, that's how fiction works sometimes. The X-files spinoff The Lone Gunmen had its pilot episode dealing with a plot to fly an airliner into the World Trade Center which aired in March of 2001.
    The Time Force season of Power Rangers (which aired from February through November) suffered heavily in a similar fashion because of the 9/11 thing in 2001. The main villain was Ransik, who was portrayed as a "sympathetic" terrorist gang leader. The Rangers' Shadow Zord always posed on top of "twin towers". Several of Ransik monster attacks took place at the "Trade Center" district. And just two weeks before 9/11 happened an episode was aired with an "airplane" themed monster of the day. The story of the episode, a reporter takes a picture of the Rangers unmasked and Yellow Ranger tries to convince the reporter not to print the story. Meanwhile, the "airplane" monster attempts to topple over the skyscraper building where the newspaper is based, so we get an "inside the building look" as Yellow Ranger and this news reporter tries to help people escape from the badly damaged building before it collapses.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I didn't care for last night's episode, it just felt off, splintered. And Carrie Underwood (really? why?) didn't seem even remotely up Ted's alley.
    She didn't seem up Ted's alley because he was on her hook.

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    My sister and I were on the phone watching the episode, and she and I both exclaimed that Scooter looked enough like NPH to be his brother. Turns out, it's NPH's long-term boyfriend!!! Yikes.
    Wow, I looked that up and its true, they've been together since '04.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I liked a LOT of those shows.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Don't forget "[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Action[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]" with Jay Mohr. That was a funny show.[/FONT]
    Yeah, I forgot about that one. Fox has a way of putting on product that folks might want to see and instead of nurturing it, KILLING IT IN THE MOST PAINFUL MANNER POSSIBLE. That's a skill, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    The Time Force season of Power Rangers (which aired from February through November) suffered heavily in a similar fashion because of the 9/11 thing in 2001. The main villain was Ransik, who was portrayed as a "sympathetic" terrorist gang leader. The Rangers' Shadow Zord always posed on top of "twin towers". Several of Ransik monster attacks took place at the "Trade Center" district. And just two weeks before 9/11 happened an episode was aired with an "airplane" themed monster of the day. The story of the episode, a reporter takes a picture of the Rangers unmasked and Yellow Ranger tries to convince the reporter not to print the story. Meanwhile, the "airplane" monster attempts to topple over the skyscraper building where the newspaper is based, so we get an "inside the building look" as Yellow Ranger and this news reporter tries to help people escape from the badly damaged building before it collapses.
    Wow, that is really bad. Time Force was one of the PR lines I liked most too, but I didn't watch much of the show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, that is really bad. Time Force was one of the PR lines I liked most too, but I didn't watch much of the show.
    Yeah, Time Force is one of my top seasons as well, but it was indeed bad with the "too soon 9/11" stuff. A lot of the pre-9/11 episodes were re-edited for future airings after 9/11. Not quite certain how extensive the re-editing was though, whether or not it was just the aired copies shown on TV or if it included the original "masters". Lots of building explosions removed, re-dubbed the lines about mentioning the Trade Center, the two tower shots removed completely. Even an "Al Queada" type speech given on TV by Ransik was removed.

Could of been worse in the terrorists 9/11 stuff though. Go back two seasons earlier during the Lost Galaxy season and you have a finale that features the Sting Wingers (that season's "Putty Patrol" type foot soldiers) in the hundreds, easily, with explosives strapped to their chests as they ran into various buildings, crowds of people, and even the Rangers themselves acting as "suicide bombers".
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Yeah, I forgot about that one. Fox has a way of putting on product that folks might want to see and instead of nurturing it, KILLING IT IN THE MOST PAINFUL MANNER POSSIBLE. That's a skill, I guess.
    [FONT=Courier New]And I am still a littl bit bitter that we never got at least a season of "Heat Vision and Jack".[/FONT]

Anybody else watching this season of HIMYM? Any thoughts on Zoey? I had been thinking that she could maybe be the mom (although she is married) but now that I think about it the mom already lives with Rachel Bilson's character, plus wouldn't Zoey be too old?