Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 229
  1. #101
    Zoey's nice but being married knocks her out, IMO.

    I think we've met the mother in passing but haven't lately. Again, my own thoughts.

    My favorite ep this season was the chase around NYC.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Anybody else watching this season of HIMYM? Any thoughts on Zoey? I had been thinking that she could maybe be the mom (although she is married) but now that I think about it the mom already lives with Rachel Bilson's character, plus wouldn't Zoey be too old?
    I don't really care for the addition of Zoey. If they have any respect to continuality, she shouldn't be the mom, but I got a bad feeling she will be. She fits his description of her too well.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  3. #103
    [QUOTE=OC47150;739489]Zoey's nice but being married knocks her out, IMO.[QUOTE/] Yeah, but I had been thinking if she divorces "The Captain"/he dies AND THEN becomes Rachel Bilsen's roomie then it could work since she is a student of Ted's, which Old Ted has mentioned a couple of times
    Quote Originally Posted by OC
    I think we've met the mother in passing but haven't lately. Again, my own thoughts.
    Do you mean that we have seen her but they haven't acknowledged it? We briefly saw her ankle in one episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by DM
    I don't really care for the addition of Zoey. If they have any respect to continuality, she shouldn't be the mom, but I got a bad feeling she will be. She fits his description of her too well.
    I was thinking the same thing but with what we already know including some key info that was revealed this season there is no way she can be the mother. I did see that Zoey will be in the Thanksgiving episode so she will be around a bit longer to some degree.

  4. #104
    What evidence presents Zoey as possibly being the mother? I'm not saying it's not there, mind you, just that I missed it if it is. I can think of evidence that she's not.

    As far as continuity goes, though, the creators have informed us that Ted is an unreliable narrator explaining past events as well as he can remember. I assume that's not intended to give them leave to do anything they want, but there may be some surprises.

    I did find it odd in the most recent episode to learn that Zoey is protesting the GNB building, but her husband is an associate of a head honcho in charge at the same bank. That just seems like a recipe for more trouble than we're seeing.

    I loved Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

    Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

  5. #105
    The only evidence I was refering to is that I recall Ted describing his wife as an activist, who once she believed in a cause, set out to defend it. That fits Zoey's description.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Yeah, but I had been thinking if she divorces "The Captain"/he dies AND THEN becomes Rachel Bilsen's roomie then it could work since she is a student of Ted's, which Old Ted has mentioned a couple of times
    She was already Rachel Bilsen's roommate when Ted dated Rachel. It's possible that she could have married the captain since then, but why would she leave him that quickly?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I loved Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.
    That was great buy Ted, and I loved that The Captain kept using that name in place of 'Ted.'

    Quote Originally Posted by DM
    The only evidence I was refering to is that I recall Ted describing his wife as an activist, who once she believed in a cause, set out to defend it. That fits Zoey's description.
    Interesting, I don't recall that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DM
    She was already Rachel Bilsen's roommate when Ted dated Rachel. It's possible that she could have married the captain since then, but why would she leave him that quickly?
    That is possible, but that seems to be a very quick timeline. Although who knows!

  7. #107
    Activist might be too strong of a word, but I seem to remember (I think it was in the episode where he bought the house) him saying she had strong beliefs and stood up to them.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Activist might be too strong of a word, but I seem to remember (I think it was in the episode where he bought the house) him saying she had strong beliefs and stood up to them.
    Ehh doesn't matter, its a bit about the mom that apparently the rest of us forgot.

    So what do we know about the mom?

    - Went to the same St. Patty's day party as Ted and Barney did a couple of years ago.
    - That was her yellow umbrella that Ted had (he got it the day after the party when he went back to find his phone.
    - She was a student of his.
    - She was a roomie of Rachel Bilsen
    - Ted picked out 3 things in Rachel's room that he liked about her only to find out that they were her roommates (I don't recall what those were off hand other then some obscure bands cd)
    - She laughed at Ted's lame joke (don't recall that either)
    - She was sort of activist/interested in certain causes.

    Anything else?

    What was it from earlier this season when Marshall and Ted are outside a church having a beer???

  9. #109
    I could be wrong about these two but I think;

    He "meets" her in New York at a wedding.
    Her name is Tracy.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I could be wrong about these two but I think; He "meets" her in New York at a wedding.
    Yeah, and he is the best man...makes you wonder who is getting married? Barney!?!?
    Her name is Tracy.
    Now that I don't remember, no offense but I hope you're wrong. I say that because I don't want to know who it is the second she says her name.

    EDIT: I did a quick search and found this. http://www.beawesomeinstead.com/tele...t-your-mother/

    After checking it out I do remember reading/hearing about the 'Tracy theory.'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO