Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    I had one more thought on the topic of "why Zoey isn't the mother." In this weeks episode Ted doesn't remember Katy Perry's characters actual name, instead he calls her Honey. If he marries Zoey wouldn't he remember the name of her cousin who he was hooked up with? Yeah its 20 years in the future but it seems if this is the 'big meeting' he'd remember somebody as important to the story as Honey.

Zoey was living with The Captain for a while, no way she's whatsherface's roommate at that time. Also, Ted originally pranked his kids about a stripper being their mom, the stripper's name was Tracy in the story he was telling them, so it seems likely that's what their mom's name is as well. And there's nothing to do with the umbrella with Zoey, is there? So, Zoey is leaving The Captain for Ted and then that'll flop too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No word yet on the umbrella, I agree JT that Zoey isn't the mother. We will meet her at Punchy's wedding. That said its been fun watching this arc. :seasonfinalecan'tcomesoonenough:

So Ted's the bad guy and we have another "filler" Girlfriend. Nice to see some closure for Wendy the Waitress though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I liked last nights episode. I have a buddy who was saying that Zoey would be mom, this will now thankfully shut him up.

I expected the Zooey is she/isn't she to be stretched out further than what it was. I know, I know, we know she's not the mother, but still.

I enjoyed the Captain's version of recent events more than Zoey's. Ted leering at her all mustachioed with no shirt had me laughing more than anything in that episode.

Though I've never even kind of thought Zoey was the mother, I'm surprised to hear it won't end well. I supposed that shouldn't surprise me, because if she remained a close friend, we would have seen her in some of the future flashbacks.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Nora. I'd smile when I say her name too.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I expected the Zooey is she/isn't she to be stretched out further than what it was. I know, I know, we know she's not the mother, but still.
    Yeah me too but remember Ted told his kids in the first episode or two that Robin wasn't the mother and then they (producers) proceeded to have Ted spend the majority of season I trying to get with Robin and season II with Robin. So yeah its a bit of a surprise but not unprecedented.

Man, do they have HIMYM running in sindication!
    You can watch it 7 different times a day!

Lifetime has it on at 7:00 and 7:30 and at 11:00 and 11:30.
    WGN has it on at 9:00 and 9:30.
    And UPN has it on at 10:00.

I was sick last week and got a great fix.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Man, do they have HIMYM running in sindication!
    You can watch it 7 different times a day!

Lifetime has it on at 7:00 and 7:30 and at 11:00 and 11:30.
    WGN has it on at 9:00 and 9:30.
    And UPN has it on at 10:00.

I was sick last week and got a great fix.
    Aren't some of those repeats either the same day or say for example 'todays' WGN is 'tomorrows' Lifetime?