Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    I just looked at a poll that showed more than sixty percent of the people answering think Barney and Robin will get together. Only a little more than twenty think Barney and Quinn will get together, and the rest voted for an unknown third option.

As far as timing goes, I like a 2015 birth working with a 2013 meeting of the mother. That gives Ted and the mother a year to date, and a year of marriage before their daughter is born. Obviously it doesn't have to happen like that, but I like that timetable, mostly because it works nicely with the year-to-year, season-to-season format of television.

Weird thought: I've heard something about footage being filmed early on showing the children's reaction to learning who the mother is. That way they wouldn't have to get the actress and actor who play the daughter and son later and wouldn't have to explain why they may have aged several years over the course of the story. What if Lyndsy Fonseca, the actress who plays the daughter, plays the mother as well? I'm not even kind of saying this is my prediction, but it was, as mentioned, a weird thought I had. It would be easier to age progress her rather than age regress her. She'd definitely share a family resemblence. They would have been able to film the end in its entirety years ago. They'd be able to make Back to the Future references. Again, just a weird thought, and it doesn't work with the fact that an early plan was to have us learn Victoria was the mother if the show had been cancelled at that point.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

First ep in a long time I can honestly say I sat down and watched. The trilogy part didn't hurt. Loved Robin in the stormie costume.

The kids have been 'aging' as the show goes on...although they aren't really shown all that often.

Barney + Robin = blahh.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    The kids have been 'aging' as the show goes on...
    They haven't shot new footage of the kids in years. It's being reused. According to Wikipedia: "Scenes revealing their reactions to the end of the story were filmed during the second season since the actors would be young adults by the time the last season airs."

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    They haven't shot new footage of the kids in years. It's being reused. According to Wikipedia: "Scenes revealing their reactions to the end of the story were filmed during the second season since the actors would be young adults by the time the last season airs."
    Yeah they could just reuse the "WHAT!?!?!" when older Ted tells them their mom was a stripper (from season 1)

Pretty good season ender with Waitforit showing himself to the world. Although who didn't see Robin being the bride?

What a great middle name. It's going to be interesting to show how they get out of the Quinn situation.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Hmm. Robin. I wonder if it would have been Quinn or someone else if it had landed on tails.

Part of me feels like they're going to cheat again, pull some switcheroo to jerk the audience around regarding Robin as the bride. If they can finally avoid doing that, then it might just work out, but they really need to get somewhere soon, it's really losing steam.

PS - Ted is full of crap, he doesn't nor did he ever love Robin in that way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Part of me feels like they're going to cheat again, pull some switcheroo to jerk the audience around regarding Robin as the bride. If they can finally avoid doing that, then it might just work out, but they really need to get somewhere soon, it's really losing steam.
    They've said Future Ted is an unreliable narrator. They can use that to justify just about anything.

They've just promised to hit the reset button on at least half a season. Ted tells us Robin never has children, so Barney's going to make a complete 180 degree reversal on having children, which has been a large part of his character arc, which means essentially they've spent all this time to develop, change the character only to pretty much undevelop, unchange the character, and if this coming season is the last, they have no more than a season to do it.

My big problem with last season was that the first half was just marking time. We're going into the next season with three lame duck relationships now. It's pretty much an express promise that the first half of the season will be marking time again.