Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Not loving this season, but it was easy to call the mother's death being the catalyst for why Ted is telling his kids the story, as well as a few other things they've thrown in around season 9 and even 8. But Monday's episode with 2024 Ted crying after the mother says "What kind of mother isn't there for her daughter's wedding" was so on the nose that I kinda hope it's a double-bluff and they're not going down that route after all.

The show wrapped shooting last Friday, btw.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What aren't you digging JT? I've had this conversation with others and it is definitely a different season then anything else. I don't think its 'jumped the shark' but I agree its not the best season. I think pulling the plug now feels right.

I've been catching some episodes on Lifetime while I run on the treadmill and I forgot how good some of those early episodes are. I also think if you watch episodes from the first season or two Ted comes off as a huge spank.

I think the fact the entire season takes place over three days makes the whole season feel like they are cramming in as much as possible. I do enjoy the fact that they are implementing the mother into "future flashbacks" so viewers get to "know" her, even if it is to grab the emotional strings when they officially drop the bomb. I only wish they would have focused on her more this season, then try to stuff as much of the others into the story line. As funny as "The Wedding Bride Too!" was, it wasn't relevant.

Even though they have dropped hints at the mother being dead, for some reason it didn't until the last episode. Although it makes sense since why would you tell your kids about how you met her without being there unless she was gone.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I never thought the mother was dead I thought that Ted breaking down 10 years in the future was a reference to HIS mother dying before she was able to see her son's marriage.

That's what I originally thought too. My wife had to point it out to me. Then I rewound it and heard she said daughters wedding.

This weeks episode was okay. The Moseby Boys is a nice redux, but quickly was driven into the ground. The surprise ending was well played all season long. I am lost on the whole Italy thing now though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I just read about this twist in the last couple of days, and my initial reaction was, WTH? I interpreted the comment as Ted's mother, not the mother, not being there for the wedding. If that's truly the case, I'm gonna feel a little cheated.

I regularly watched the first several seasons, hit or miss for a couple, but have watched the final just to see how it winds down. At first,I thought stretching the final season into one weekend was going to be a bit much. I've taken it like a season of '24' and it's worked. I have to give the writers credit for tying up loose ends, bringing in years-old storylines back to the present season.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    That's what I originally thought too. My wife had to point it out to me. Then I rewound it and heard she said daughters wedding.
    I didn't catch that, that is interesting. I personally don't think she is dead so with that in mind I'll respond with this: when Ted broke down he was talking to the mom (10 years in the future I think)... or was it some sort of Sixth Sense sort of thing going on?

That was an... "interesting" episode last night.

Outside of the last 5 minutes, they probably should have thought about ending the series 1 episode sooner.

I read someplace they were going to sew up some story lines on characters and that it would be similar to the '2 minute date' bit from way back when. I thought it was well done but a bit surprised it was yesterday, I thought it'd be in the final episode.

Today's edition of USA Today had an article about the finale.

And a picture made me realize something: there's two eps left. Think we'll see Robin Sparkle's one last time? I hope so but it looks doubtful.