Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was excited when I heard "Hands" on the radio and thought maybe I would be excited as Tycho about this album. But I got a copy and listened to it once or twice and was not really moved by any of the other tracks. Maybe I will grow to like it more but it is definately not near the same level as the first.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

There's a guy with great pictures from the show here:

http://jfindley.smugmug.com/gallery/1996672/1

He seems to be a pro-photographer.

Anyway, I can't stop listening to either Mindcrime CD and I just bought a ticket to the Anaheim show on December 2nd at the House of Blues.

Hopefully, I'll be in good enough health to stay awake, and on my feet, for as long as will be required - then drive home to San Diego that night.

But I plan on even staying up there in Anaheim and partying with the fans after the show. I'll get a hotel if I need to. We'll see how this goes.

It was different for the San Diego concert. I had a room at the waterfront resort right above the stage practically.

This will be a good one-night test of my stamina to see if I can survive Celebration 4 - the only other major "out of town event" I'm thinking about for the near future.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

http://www.striglsmusicnews.com/podc...etal/index.htm

A heavy metal podcast selection of interviews. Go and download #110 and it's Geoff Tate from Queensryche - and it will make you smile, quite a bit actually.

The guys who do the interview self-aggrandise themselves quite a bit, so after you've downloaded, fast-foward about 27 minutes into the show (you won't be missing anything, they're basically VH-1 / MTV veterans if you need to know) and then you get to the great stuff with Geoff Tate.

They ask him about Chris DeGarmo, Ronnie James Dio, motorcylces, the Mindcrime tour, and even a possible Mindcrime Movie (there is a finished screenplay) and the casting of Axel Rose as Nikki (rumored by Rolling Stone but not denied by Geoff Tate!)

The Revolution's far from over!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well I'm back from the Disneyland concert (House of Blues, Anaheim CA, downtown Disney) and Geoff said it was the last night of their US tour for Mindcrime II in 2006. They were so good and I had a great time, as always with Queensryche. If they decide to play some shows in this style for 2007, I'll definitely go again!

I'll provide more details if anyone's interested. But this is the way you rock and roll!

The political message was blatantly obvious too. What Geoff Tate said about Bush - I can't even post here! Haha! It's the wrong forum to discuss it, but let's just say it violently agrees with me!

Seven years of power,
    the corporations claw.
    The rich control the government,
    the media, the law.
    To make some kind of difference,
    Everyone should know,
    Educate the masses.
    Revolution will grow!

May 23rd - House of Blues - Disneyland (Anaheim)

Tickets go on sale TODAY.

I don't think this concert will be another Mindcrime show. This will more likely be a jam session of all their other work they didn't have time to play during the 3 hour "opera" that was Mindcrime I & II (best show I ever saw).

I'm not totally thrilled with the House of Blues as a venue (Humphrey's in San Diego was so much nicer! - uh plus having 3rd row helped)

But I might just go and see them again.

To be sure, I'm going to sleep on it.

I'm going to their concert again! May 26th here in San Diego.

It is not likely a Mindcrime theater show with guest singers and all the cast of actors, stage changes etc. - it's just a concert. But Queensryche is always a good time.

Alright! In 2 more hours here I'll be leaving for yet ANOTHER Queensryche concert.

"It just takes a minute,
    and you'll feel no pain.
    Gotta make something of your life, boy..."

"So take hold of the flame!"

"Seven years of power,
    the corporations clawed.
    The rich control the government,
    the media, the law.
    Gotta make some kind of difference,
    everyone must know.
    Educate the masses.
    REVOLUTION WILL GROW!"

Tonight or tomorrow, their exciting playlist from tonight's limited tour performance will be posted. It won't be Mindcrime, but I though I wanted to start ANOTHER Queensryche thread, I figured those interested would wander in here.

But don't dismiss Mindcrime yet. Last I heard, the motion picture movie was still a go. If I hear more, I'll post it in the "movies - other" forum.

Dang that was a great show! My ears are still ringing 6 hours later! I was in THE FRONT row right in front of Mike Stone during almost the whole show (Eddie Jackson came and played in front of us several times) Guitar Hero Gods!!!

Scott went crazy on the drums last night. He was just IN VERY DEEP with his music and he was on his game. Geoff sounded absolutely awesome!

Michael Wilton was incredible! I think that he personally had the greatest night, taking huge parts in many solos. He was at the opposite end of the stage from where we were, but I kept watching him jam. That guy is super talented. They all were just viciously enjoying their stuff.

I couldn't believe the respect paid to RAGE FOR ORDER tonight. I think they've been reading the message boards and know how much their fans love that album. They opened with "The Whisper!" In fact so many of their old songs are going through my head right now!

Listen to Queensryche NOW!

But you could tell the band was really having fun and loved what they were doing. I was probably one of their youngest fans in the audience, looking around at the crowd - and since I was up against the stage barricade, I think they noticed me being there and liked their music inspiring younger fans (but I'm into my 30's now - so I'm not THAT young anymore). But it's fun being that far foreward and interacting with the band. I think Mike Stone looked directly at me a few times and was really glad to see a young fan jamming to his stuff. (I think Stone is about my age anyway, and the other guys in the band are 10 years older). But dang they played good!

OK, check this out:

1) The Whisper (Rage for Order)
    2) Damaged (Promised Land)
    3) Breaking the Silence (Mindcrime)
    4) I'm American (Mindcrime II)
    5) Sign of the Times (New Frontier)

OK, and now the order gets a little fuzzy, but it's hard to think when your ears are ringing! The songs below are right, the order is a little bit messed up. I was just going to enjoy a concert not memorize everything. But I've seen them live over all the years since the first Mindcrime and when I was in grade school, and it's amazing how much great material they have to put on a concert with!

6) The Lady Wore Black (Original EP)
    7) Another Rainy Night (Empire)
    8) I Donít Believe in Love (Mindcrime)
    9) Eyes of A Stranger (Mindcrime)
    10) When the Rain Comes (Q2K)
    11) Bridge (Promised Land)
    12) Walk in the Shadows (Rage for Order)
    13) Desert Dance (Tribe)
    14) The Right Side of My Mind (Q2K)
    15) Empire (Empire)
    16) Hands (Mindcrime II)
    17) Take Hold (The Warning)
    18) Jet City Woman (Empire)
    19) Silent Lucidity (Empire)

There may have been 2 more songs that I didn't recognize, possibly something brand new, (which sounded great BTW) and I'm sure I'm forgetting more than the song order - though I have a lot of the above numbered right (and a lot numbered wrong).

But the show was so good that I woke up seriously considering seeing if I could still get tickets for tonight in Anaheim and driving up there for another concert! If I come up that way and don't meet the SSG gang at C4, you'll know where I'll probably be at!

Queensryche is the best band EVER!!!

The DVD box set of Mindcrime at The Moore (a huge theater in Seattle) came out today and it is awesome! A 2-disc set that is full of surprises and all the actors that were cast for the tour as well as the band - only the week after I saw them the first time (out of 4 times) that tour!

It is extremely political in the beginning, just as you might imagine I'd like it.

I can't post the language or who it is directed against here, but you're familiar with my ingenius insight in the Rancor Pit

Queensryche puts that to music with guitars and guns!

I'm going again!

February 21st in San Diego.

Febrary 24th in Anaheim.

Don Dokken is opening for them. I've seen him live at least twice before and he puts on a good show.

Anyone want to go to the concert with me?

There are LA shows and a Vegas one I'm also contemplating.