Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Don Dokken?

Did they have to scour the gutters of America to find him?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

At Michael Wilton's website you can vote for exactly what songs Queensryche will put in their playlist for their 2008 tour!

At MichaelWilton.com you can check out the news for the links to:

1) the e-mail address to send your 10 song requests to

2) the top vote-getters at the moment (helps you pick winners that will win!)

I'm totally on a support-campaign for songs from "The Warning." I went to 4 shows within the past year and saw them perform some "Rage" and "Empire" material, as well as "Promised Land," etc.

But "The Warning" -now available for you to sample on i-Tunes if you need to refresh your memory is a totally under-appreciated concept album that needs to be resurrected!

Winning songs from The Warning at MichaelWilton.com are:

Roads to Madness
    NM-156
    Take Hold of the Flame (of course)

But

The Warning
    EnForce
    Sanctuary
    Deliverance
    Before the Storm
    Child of Fire

all need your support.

Other good choices for the likely-to-win group include
    SpOOl
    Anybody Listening

These are just songs that we haven't gotten to hear live for a long while. I've been to enough QR shows lately - I know. I love everything they do - but I can watch "Walk in the Shadows" on my DVD. It was exciting when they played "The Whisper" and "Killing Words" in the last show I saw them in. So yeah, like a lot of you, I love "Rage."

I just have to campaign for something equally good and different!

"Now I cry: Give me sanctuary!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Queensryche is coming out with a new album that all covers. Why? I don't know. One of the songs they cover is "Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd. It was pretty lousy.
    I am the modern man.

It seems bands that have nothing better to do, put out cover albums. But Queensryche sells out their shows and Operation Mindcrime II and its DVD did really well for them.

The word is that an all-new songs studio album is aimed for a January 2009 release, but they are touring House of Blues everywhere right now (I'm holding tickets to 3 up-coming shows). So I don't know why they wanted to release a cover album (except to make more money probably).

Incidentally, besides the Pink Floyd song, they are doing U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky." That should be good.

However, in almost all cases, the original work by the creating artist plays the best.

Metallica's version of Bob Seger's "On the Road Again" is darned good though. Actually, when Metallica did covers, possibly all of it was better than the original recordings. I just like James Hetfield's voice and the heavier guitars.

Now Geoff Tate (Queensryche) is my favorite singer, so I might like their cover work a lot more than the next guy, as well. The list of cover songs they are doing are on their website and it's a pretty good list. Their taste is just like mine - small wonder I like them so much. But a cover album is a cover album.

I'm really waiting and anticipating the 2009 release.

Incidentally, at MichaelWilton.com, you can e-mail in your Top 10 Queensryche request list and the most vote-getting songs will comprise their playlist for the 2008 shows. That's really cool as I haven't heard of other bands doing that (though some might). Wilton keeps a running tally updated on his website so you know exactly what is winning and what they're going to play before you buy concert tickets. Pretty cool, eh?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Def Leppard did a totally lackluster cover album a few years ago, Every song was a bland carbon copy. The funny thing is, they released a Wal-Mart exclusive EP at the same time, which included covers of Tom Petty's "American Girl" and Queen's "Dear Friends" that were a hundred times better than anything on the album. It's weird when stuff like that happens; you wonder what they were thinking.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It''s just over a month from now that I start "touring" with Queensryche again!
    (beginning with February shows)

Well I found it: their 2008 fans-vote playlist. Unfortunately, Michael's site said this was last updated November 9th. I don't know if the results still stand. But here's what we've got:

1st Anybody Listening (Empire)
    2nd Roads To Madness (Warning)
    3nd Eyes Of A Stranger (Mindcrime)
    4th Take Hold Of The Flame (Warning)
    5th Screaming In Digital (Rage)
    6th Walk In The Shadows (Rage)
    6th Queen Of The Reich (1st LP)
    7th Damaged (Promised Land)
    8th NM 156 (Warning)
    8th London (Rage)
    9th Someone Else (Promised Land)
    9th Promised Land (Promised Land)
    10th Prophecy (1st LP)
    11th Neue Regal (Rage)
    12th Gonna Get Close To You (Rage)
    13th The Thin Line (Empire)
    14th I Dream In Infrared (Rage)
    15th The Lady Wore Black (1st LP)
    16th SpOOL (Hear in New Frontier)
    17th I Don't Believe In Love (Mindcrime)
    18th The Killing Words (Rage)
    19th No Sanctuary (Warning)
    20th Empire (Empire)

Updated Nov 9th 2007*

If this is indeed "the list, " it is awesome!!! So much from Warning and Rage and I'm totally stoked!

Since there are 3 ties, I hope No Sanctuary still makes the cut! All they have to do is play the Top 23 instead, haha.

I'm sure there aren't any objections!

The concert will be more than 20 songs of course - with new stuff they're experimenting with and some cover songs from "Take Cover," no doubt. But these will be cool shows!

The Revolution's Calling!!!

THIS IS SO COOL. I GOT THIS FROM QUEENSRYCHE ON MYSPACE:

Want to be a part of a guaranteed meet and greet with the band in Chicago to help charity?

If so, buy tickets to our Queensryche Meet & Greet Charity Brunch!

Saturday, February 2nd – 12 noon - Chicago
    Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Banquet Room

Every cent of the net proceeds from this charity brunch will be donated in full to a food bank – Queensryche is collecting no profit on this brunch.

Seating is extremely limited and is going quickly! Everyone at the brunch will have time to spend with the band. We are selling:

9 Tickets at the Geoff Tate Table
    9 Tickets at the Eddie Jackson Table
    9 Tickets at the Michael Wilton Table
    9 Tickets at the Scott Rockenfield Table
    9 Tickets at the Mike Stone Table
    55 Tickets at nearby dining tables

Each ticket includes a Queensryche memento & goodies.

Menu:

Scrambled Eggs
    Bacon & Sausage
    Smoked Salmon
    Roasted Potatoes
    House made Granola Served with Yogurt
    Breakfast Pastries, Breads & Jams
    Market Fruit
    French Toast with Maple Syrup

Gourmet Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee and a selection of Teas

Click to Buy now!: https://www.queensryche.com/shop/

And while you're there - come check out our shows at the House of Blues on Feb. 1st and 2nd!

Click here to buy tickets: http://www.queensryche.com/tour/index.html

Can't wait to see you there!

-Queensryche

--------------------------------------------------------------

They're a progressive band that sings about changing things to make a better America and it's fitting that they do this to benefit the Food Bank.

I hope they continue this program on to the SoCal leg of their tour!

I'm going to go to breakfast with them then!

I was front row for last night's Queensryche concert and it was awesome!

The playlist was incredible. Half of the songs they promised were actually played. They really let the fans' votes count. And I heard several tunes that I'd never heard played live before in all my years going to their shows!

Rage for Order fans were especially stoked with last night.

Here it is (I didn't remember the exact order they played the set in):

Burning Man (Q2K)
    NM 156 (Warning)
    Screaming In Digital (Rage)
    I'm American (Mindcrime II)
    The Hands (Mindcrime II)
    Welcome to the Machine (Pink Floyd - Cover)
    Bridge (Promised Land)
    Another Rainy Night (Empire)
    Gonna Get Close To You (Rage)
    Last Time In Paris (b-track)
    Best I Can (Empire)
    Breaking the Silence (Mindcrime)
    Anybody Listening (Empire)
    Eyes Of A Stranger (Mindcrime)
    Someone Else (Promised Land)
    The Killing Words (Rage)
    Neon Nights (Black Sabbath - cover)
    Jet City Woman (Empire)
    Empire (Empire)

Everyone posts about Guitar Hero so much though, that it was hard to not see a digital "High Score" sign flashing above Michael Wilton's head. (no there wasn't one actually, but I could imagine it and a plate of Nachos by his side ) - what this stupid web forum does to me....

The show was so awesome (again!) last night!

Haha. I slept until 12:45pm today. What a wild time - at Disneyland no less.

Geoff Tate tripped out when the lights shown on the audience and a ton of people were wearing Mickey Mouse ears at a Queensryche concert!

He took his wife and daughters into the park yesterday too and they loved the new Space Mountain.

There's so much to tell. I'll probably blog it on MySpace.