Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime II!

I love this album. It needs a thread here at SSG having been released during the "off-season."

Queensryche Rocks!!!!!!

Sweeet!!!!!! God I'm glad these forums are back!!!!
    Operation Mindcrime the original is a bueatiful piece of art!! I didn't know they were working on a second part!
    "I've had enough, and I want out!"
    "You can't walk away now...."
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Yes it's out! Last week Target was cheaper than Wal-Mart ($14) but Target was sold out and I had to have it. I think it came out last Tuesday or the Tuesday before that.

It is so much worth it!

The Ryche is coming to San Diego in October. The whole concert package is something like $400 or more but it is at Humphrey's By The Bay (on San Diego's waterfront in the main civilian port) and you stay in the same resort sweets that the band will be staying in and probably see them at the breakfast being served in the morning. Meanwhile, you're right on the bay and the evening starts with a $100 dinner for you and your girl, wine tasting, etc. overlooking the city lights on the harbor, then a full-on night of heavy metal revenge-violence (Mindcrime II, naturally), and afterwards you're free to go out on the town in the city. You can arrange a limo ride to and from the resort as well (but I question the wisdom of paying for that when I live like 10 minutes from there and won't be drinking before I get to Humphrey's, nor the morning after - and after the breakfast.)

Tickets are available at TicketMaster.com and you can go for just the concert for as little as $50, too. The higher priced packages practically place you on stage with them of course. Pamela Moore is touring as Mary's ghost or something and sings on the album, as does Geoff Tate's wife?! Ronnie James Deo contributes too - though I don't know if he's going to tour with them.

Humphrey's is a little larger than a night club setting, but it's not an arena where you need binoculars like in the old Mindcrime / Empire days.

Tenatively, I'm taking Tiffany, an old high school girlfriend who used to enjoy these kinds of things with me. But I didn't confirm she had an invite yet, as I leave my options with ladies open. But I'm definitely going - and with someone I want to share the romantic waterfront with. Not every girl will appreciate death-frenzy metal (just kidding - it's not THAT intense - there are several tragic love ballads that Moore and Mrs. Tate sing duets with Geoff on) but the main gist of it is that Nikki has been released from custody, presumably it's been 18 years and he's been determined to have paid the price for his crimes and dismissed as mentally handicapped. Only now he's hell-bent on finding Dr. X and killing him for revenge over Mary and everything that happened to him and Dr. X is like Tom DeLay or Karl Rove or someone in the New World Order and The Ryche is suggestive of getting rid of Bush (not by name, but it's crystal clear to me anyway) - and doing so by any means necessary. Nikki's got his guns loaded and goes into action again "Breaking the Silence of the Night! - and the streets are screaming!"

October actually (though such a long way off to me right now) seems like a perfect month for this sort of blood-bath theme, don't you think?

the Ryche in San Diego

Ahhhh . . .San Diego. Wich of cause comes from the German word meaning . . .
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Actually, it's funny, but 2 of the girls in my life that I'm attracted to the most are Mexican-German mixed hybrids, 3rd or 4th generation American though.

That's great enough for the German connection to San Diego for me.

Now Queensryche may have German-descended band members and their name sounds like "The Reich," but they are Seattle, Washington based. An American band, that's progressive and liberal enough for me (hardly fascist).

Well the concert is now only 17 days away!

I've been talking to Ryche fans on MySpace who have seen the show.

The band plays Operation Mindcrime I & II all in order - plus several more songs for an encore! Dude this is going to be awesome!

A 3 hour show or longer for sure!

I heard that Ronnie James Deo is singing his part (Dr. X) for the Los Angeles show, but unfortunately won't be down to San Diego. I wonder who will sing his lyrics?

Anyway, everyone says the show is incredible and they play live as well as if they had the chance to remaster everything in a recording studio (true as I've seen them in concert for probably every local tour that came within an hour to 2 hours drive of me).

Dang I can't wait! The ultimate ROCK event!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

http://www.striglsmusicnews.com/podc...etal/index.htm

A heavy metal podcast selection of interviews. Go and download #110 and it's Geoff Tate from Queensryche - and it will make you smile, quite a bit actually.

The guys who do the interview self-aggrandise themselves quite a bit, so after you've downloaded, fast-foward about 27 minutes into the show (you won't be missing anything, they're basically VH-1 / MTV veterans if you need to know) and then you get to the great stuff with Geoff Tate.

They ask him about Chris DeGarmo, Ronnie James Dio, motorcylces, the Mindcrime tour, and even a possible Mindcrime Movie (there is a finished screenplay) and the casting of Axel Rose as Nikki (rumored by Rolling Stone but not denied by Geoff Tate!)

The Revolution's far from over!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well I'm back from the Disneyland concert (House of Blues, Anaheim CA, downtown Disney) and Geoff said it was the last night of their US tour for Mindcrime II in 2006. They were so good and I had a great time, as always with Queensryche. If they decide to play some shows in this style for 2007, I'll definitely go again!

I'll provide more details if anyone's interested. But this is the way you rock and roll!

The political message was blatantly obvious too. What Geoff Tate said about Bush - I can't even post here! Haha! It's the wrong forum to discuss it, but let's just say it violently agrees with me!

Seven years of power,
    the corporations claw.
    The rich control the government,
    the media, the law.
    To make some kind of difference,
    Everyone should know,
    Educate the masses.
    Revolution will grow!

May 23rd - House of Blues - Disneyland (Anaheim)

Tickets go on sale TODAY.

I don't think this concert will be another Mindcrime show. This will more likely be a jam session of all their other work they didn't have time to play during the 3 hour "opera" that was Mindcrime I & II (best show I ever saw).

I'm not totally thrilled with the House of Blues as a venue (Humphrey's in San Diego was so much nicer! - uh plus having 3rd row helped)

But I might just go and see them again.

To be sure, I'm going to sleep on it.

I'm going to their concert again! May 26th here in San Diego.

It is not likely a Mindcrime theater show with guest singers and all the cast of actors, stage changes etc. - it's just a concert. But Queensryche is always a good time.