Robocop and ED-209

Looking through Sideshow's website I noticed these. Sideshow just distributes these as they're made by Hot Toys but they look sweet. Pretty spendy though.

Robocop

ED-209
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Price is a definite heart breaker, and they have some chutzpah claiming that 15" ED-209 is in-scale with 12" Robocop, it should be at least 3" more or they should supply proof that I'm wrong. These look good, but I would have liked to see more photos of their articuation in action.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Price is a definite heart breaker, and they have some chutzpah claiming that 15" ED-209 is in-scale with 12" Robocop, it should be at least 3" more or they should supply proof that I'm wrong. These look good, but I would have liked to see more photos of their articuation in action.
    Corner Store Comics has the best deal, IMO, so far. Free shipping and about $15 less for Robocop and almost $25 less for ED-209.

As for the photos of their articulation, did you look at SSC's product page for Robocop?? There are over 20 pictures there with him posed numerous ways!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Yes, I saw the page, all the poses are very very similar and limited, it's like this figure has minimal range of motion based on those photos.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yes, I saw the page, all the poses are very very similar and limited, it's like this figure has minimal range of motion based on those photos.
    To be honest, Robocop didn't have much range of motion in the films either. Hot Toys probably took that into account when designing their version.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yeah, but he had more than what they're showing.

Ive ment to reacquire another Ed-209 for some time now in order to customize to fit Action Fleet scale SW figures.

There were smaller ED's available some time back but i dont recall the company that made them....

Update from SSC's site

ED-209 is now sold out and taking Wait List reservations. I imagine early Wait Listers will get one as people start cancelling because of better deals elsewhere.

Robocop is on low quantity alert with 70 pieces remaining.