Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Battlestar Galactica Titaniums

Ok, last week I found all three Galactica Titaniums at the mall. I love these thing. I really want a Battlestar Pegasus, but aside from the 4 known (Galactica, Viper, Raider, and Ultra Galactica). What else will be made? Hasbro, as far as I know, has not said nothing about future waves. Has anyone heard news about future Galactica Titanium waves?
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Hasbro's confirmed these 3" vehicles:
    Colonial I
    Viper Mk VII
    Raptor

and a Cylon 4" titanium forged figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hope thats not all. What about the original series? Or even some of the different ships in the new series. Like the Colonial Shuttle, Cylon Heavy Raider, Cylon Resurrection Ship, or even Scar. Just repaint the Raider. Or what about that stealth ship Galactica made? I'd also like to see the Raptor and Vipers done in the 6" Ultra Titanium line.

Well, I think the future of the Galactica Titaniums rides on their initial sales (as it is with any toy line).

As of this writing, my local Target still 4 Raiders, 2 Galacticas and 2 Vipers on the pegs.

The paint application on the Raiders I have seen are all very messy/bad. Either the front two prongs have smears or fingerprints (!) or the center "head" is not painted right. I REALLY want to buy one but I want a GOOD one to open since I am not going to collect them any other way.

The paint application on the remaining Vipers isn't all that good, either, since they have an obvious white "dot" in the seam between the tip of the nose and the main fuselage. This should be solid red or not painted at all.

I found a decent Galactica and I opened it, but it has its quirks.

I'm being picky here I realize, but the Star Wars Titaniums by and large have MUCH better paint application than the Galactica Titaniums. I wonder why that is?

Anyway, with any luck Hasbro will release the last ones they have confirmed in their Ultra Titanium paper Flyer/Checklist and then we'll have to see from there.

My Galactica, Raider and Vipers paint jobs are fine. No smears or fingerprints. I just think the purple coloring on the Raider is odd. I would never have guessed the Cylons to be artsy .

Heh- good point

I do kinda' like the purple packaging, too

the cylons learned to be artsy by studying kara's paintings on caprica

the paint app on my viper is fine. better than most of my SW titaniums. i can't find these anymore and i wish i would've picked up another viper
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

So far I've picked up: 6 vipers, 4 raiders, and 1 galactica-and I still want at least 2 more vipers.
    I honestly love the BSG titaniums, the vipers are my favorite titanium by far. But one thing about the vipers is out of the 6 I've managed to find, there seem to be 3 different levels of weathering. I have 1 that is completely clean, with no weathering on the underside or around the engines at all-2 that are extremely weather, underside is decent but the around the engines/wings is solid black(these are my favorites)- and 3 that are in the middle with evenly applied weathering (these seem to be the most common.) I've seen a few more vipers recently, but I've been trying to find more with heavy weathering, but all I can find is the mid-range ones now. The ONLY thing that disppoints me about these so far is the paint on the vipers canopy. It flakes off too easily and the ships look bad without that trim. On a couple of mine I've painted the inside of the canopy black, and replaced the gray trim with silver. It looks really good with the heavily weathered ships.
    As far as future waves, I have no doubt we'll see several more based on local sales. The BSGs don't stay on pegs more than a couple hours here. The galactica itself is the only one I've seen make it through an entire night. But I don't think I can wait to get a whole fleet of raptors as well, and I'm really hoping for that stealth ship.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

the BSG titaniums sell really well around here, but I have seen a lot of paint issues on the Raider's everything and Galactica's wash (it's supposed to be even, a lot of them have it more on one side than another though).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Hasbro's confirmed these 3" vehicles:
    Colonial I
    Viper Mk VII
    Raptor

and a Cylon 4" titanium forged figure.
    JT, you must mean Viper Mark II since Mk VII is the one that's out already and on this promotional insert posted over at RS, it lists Mk II, Colonial I and Raptor.

my raider has smears on the center head. unfortunately i haven't seen another one at any stores yet.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion