Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Name Plate or Scene Stands?

Which do you prefer, the scene specific stands and props of OTC, ROTS and SAGA Heroes and Villians, or the name plate stands and holos of SAGA 2? I like the scene specific stands and props, myself. The name stands give a uniform look to all the figures of the line, but I could care less about holos. If pressed to name my favorite scene specific pack-in, it would be a tough call between secret ceremony Padme and Dagobah Luke.

I like the name stands more than the scene specific stands (such as Secura's "Felucia" piece of ground because the name stands seem to be easier to fit figures onto. I dont really care for the holos though, you can only have so many of them, and then you wonder what to do with them.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

If the scene stands connected to something, then they would be OK. My only complaint about the RTOS ones is that none of them connected well to each other, or to something else.

As I don't build dioramas, I like the name plates, especially for the more obscure characters - so I don't have to remember their names.

I like the idea of scene stands but hate the way Hasbro usually does them. For example the stand with Secret Ceremony Padme was cool but it would've been nice if it could have been connected to a stand with Anakin. They consider the stands to be too much of an afterthought accessory just in case they feel the figure needs something else in the package to sell.

I would like them to reuse the idea of ground stands the ROTS figures had but with more than 4-5 options. If the figure is going to have a stand that looks like some hallway, make it able to connect to others like it seamlessly and make sense. This way we can construct a diorama and just have a bunch of specific spots that merely look like they can be used.

They had a great idea with the Imperial Dignitaries- a large Death Star hangar floorplate that can connect to itself over and over again and not have repeated specific details. However, they didn't inlude foot pegs!

Also, they have been way too random on what figures got stands in the ROTS line. Ok, AT-TE Gunner Clone gets a ground stand but none of the other Clones. Anakin's tri-legged medic droid gets a stand when it can't make any use of it, but figures that actually need a stand can't get one. Then later on it seems like every single figure comes with the hallway stand that is way too specific to connect to form a larger hallway.

You've got all these stands that could make a large diorama and only a way to connect at least two to each other but it's gonna look like bantha poodoo.

The Dagobah figures coming with ground stands was cool but they were all the same stand and poorly designed so they were repeating a specific area over and over and couldn't connect to each other very well. I would've preferred to see Yoda and Luke come with stands that had the shoreline, R2 with a stand that had Luke's equipment around him and Obi-Wan with a generic stand or the log he eventually sits on. This not only would've made great accessories but it would've been like a mini-playset.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

While I like the name plates for space purposes, scene stands are just cool, so I pick scene stands, especially since I open most of my figures and set them up in dioramas.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    While I like the name plates for space purposes, scene stands are just cool, so I pick scene stands, especially since I open most of my figures and set them up in dioramas.
    My collection stays in a box most of the time, but I the stands for dioramas, too. I just wish the scene stands would fit together better. The Dagobah stands are my favorite so far.

I don't hate the name plate stands, but I don't love them, either. They just really aren't that important to me. Maybe if I displayed my collection, I'd care more.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I don't really mind the name plate stands, they're ok. The scene stands would be fantastic IF they actually interlocked in a smart way that made bigger environments, however the way Hasbro did it they interlock in ugly, unappealing ways that don't look like anything, so they stink.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mmmmmm *rubs chin*... name plates. But ask me again tomorrow.

I'm just happy when they include stands period.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I thought they had a good thing going with the scene stands in 2003. It made me decide to get the Geonosian playset because some of the deluxe figures could connect to it, and even if the basic figure stands didn't attach to it, they blended in well with the playset.

The ROTS stands looked okay for the most part, but were kind of useless in terms of how the figures could fit on them and how the stands connected to each other.

I like the new name plate stands. I like how they are shorter than the Saga ones, because they are less obtrusive when displaying a bunch of figures together in a scene. The Saga one were able to connect together though, so that was nice.

Perhaps they could rethink the accessory set idea, but with a focus on stands and diorama building pieces. Even better would be to rethink the playset idea with a Lego concept. Since playsets are usually disappointing and limited with what you can do, they could make playsets that you put together instead. They could have a default setup with instructions, but have pieces that could fit together in many different ways.

I prefer the nameplate stands. They're smaller, easier to store, and the figures stay on them better. Plus, they look much better when displaying the figures than those clunky ROTS bases did.