Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UltraSabers

UltraSabers

Fellow Jedi Knights,

What do you guys think about the luxeon lightsabers?

Is it brighter and more durable than EL and FX Lightsaber?
    [I]"I didn't study Vaapad... I created it"[/I]
    -Jedi Master, Mace Windu: Shatterpoint

I've never seen one in person, but from what I've read, they're better for duelling because you aren't risking an LED string or EL liner, you can just toss the messed up blade-tube and get another one for cheap, and they're pretty bright. Still, they're just an advanced version of what Hasbro does with their role-play sabers, basically a big light bulb at the base lighting up a tube, so the furthest end is dimmer than the closest end, and most importantly to me, there's no ladder-on and -off which is the feature that got me to buy my first MR FX.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

When you questrion its durability ...are you implying that some actually collide their sabers together in mock battle? Are these things that strong or are we speaking of general durability?

I assumed that's what he meant, the Master Replicas blades are plenty durable if you don't slam them into stuff such as in mock battle.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Uuhhh...dont know anything about these.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

There are some customizers who are replacing the blade and LED string in MR FX sabers with a luxeon LED bulb (very powerful) that illuminates a now-removable empty blade tube which gets lit up by the luxeon bulb. The bulb is very bright and since the tube is empty you can remove it whenever you want and trash it in battle yet replace it for way cheaper than replacing a whole MR FX saber. So it has the authentic hilt and sounds from the MR saber with a lit blade but the blade is removable and won't matter if it gets broken.

The one thing I don't like is that all the ones I've seen of the actual blade on are photos taken in the dark which isn't reassuring, I can see the light of the unaltered MR blades in my regular 75 watt bulb-lit room. And because it gets dimmer the further from the emitter, I fear it'll look like a half-lit lightsaber. If these guys were more innovative, what they'd do is make a blade that's tapered on the inside so it catches more light even when it's further away.

I love my MR FX Darth Vader Lihgtsaber just like it is. I am even able to allow my kids to duel with it without a problem (they are too young to be strong enough to hurt it).
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

What is it about MR FX lightsabers and the seductive power they have over small children? I have a Darth Vader FX, and my 2 year old twin girls love it. Darth Quinn's and Darth Harper's little eyes get this really evil glint when they get a hold of it. They've had some good times with it, bumping into walls and using it like a vacuum cleaner on the floor, and it's held up great.

I have to agree with JT, there's something a tad fishy about the way luxeon-modded sabers are shown in pictures.

I like my FX Sabers, the ultra sabers sound like a gimmick. Maybe a scam too. I noticed one website says the picture quality showing the orange vader saber is low, thats not completely true it depends on the type of camera most likely. In fact on my logitech camera my sabers look realistic with the halo around the bright core.

Ebay has a lot of these things, nearly all are in the dark or near-dark and are poor-sized images, and most STILL show the light tapering off (although the tip glows brightly, this is the case on MR's and Hasbro's as well though, that's where the leftover light collects).