Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    How did he put it? "F*** Motley Crue!" Praise for Cliff Burton's sense to get them out of that music scene.
    I haven't seen that, but there's that shot of James, Lars, and Dave going "F*** L.A.!" right after they moved north.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    How did he put it? "F*** Motley Crue!" Praise for Cliff Burton's sense to get them out of that music scene.
    Was it just me or while they were airing that show, in which the musicians constantly bashed bands like Motley Crue and Poison, the station turns around and promotes something about Poison or Motley Crue.

Another good line from that show was how GLAM stands for Gay L.A. Metal.

I saw the video for one of the tunes from the new Def Leppard album. Nothing special about the song or video, but it did occur to me that the drummer is probably really good at Dance Dance Revolution.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I've not heard the new Def Leppard album, but from the article in Entertainment Weekly, it is partly to prove once and for all that they aren't a metal band. They came of age in the glam-rock era of the 70's. The other band members have kidded that Joe Elliott has wanted to do this album for decades.

"We've talked about it for years. I've said, 'One day, we need to put the world to right. If we make a record that says where we came from , maybe people will listen a little better.' Because no matter how many times we told everybody we were getting labeled a certain way we didn't think was fitting, the next time we did interviews, they were just relabeling us the 'new wave of British heavy metal.' Then it moved on to ' '80's hair metal' and all this stuff. But if you took Lemmy and Ozzy and stuck 'em in a room with Scott Ian from Anthrax and Steve Harris of Iron Maiden and said, 'Def Leppard-heavy metal? Discuss,' they'd all burst out laughing. Even if you listen to our first album, it was full of harmonies that were more Queen and Beach Boys than just the obligatory vocals over a riff."
    I'm not sure if I am familiar with any Def Leppard after Hysteria.

for anyone who cares, The Onion has a freakin hilarious "infographic" this week about the 10 year delay on the release of "Chinese Democracy", I won't link to it since the Onion has naughty words on it, but go there if you want a pretty good laugh (the "don't cry" fact was my fave)

Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Good call there! I'd missed that info graph when I looked at The Onion the first time.

I like the parts about "politically naive" and "susceptible to hype"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    The way I see it, Def Leppard, Great White, Cinderella, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Tesla, Extreme, Scorpions, and (to a much lesser extent) GnFnR got unfairly saddled with the "hair band" label.
    I agree with you. I thought Tesla's album "Into the Now" was pretty good. "Caught in a Dream" is an excellent song.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.