Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bands that have hit rock bottom

My first nominee for bands that have hit rock bottom is Def Leppard. They have released 4 greatest hits albums, and now, they just released an album titled "Yeah!" where they cover songs from the late 60s and 70s. There were a couple guys talking about it on the radio and I didn't believe them until I looked it up on amazon.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Funny, when I read the title, Def Leppard was the first to come to mind. They're still a great band, but damn!

I was looking forward to three new releases on Tuesday: Def Lep, Dixie Chicks, and Johnny Cash. (Despite how I know that sounds, I still hate 99% of country music.) Two of these turned out to be excellent, but Def Leppard's was, well, not really bad, but enormously disappointing. I love the band, I love cover versions. . . but this is all carbon copies of the originals. I hate carbon copies! If you're gonna do someone else's song, give it a new twist. Otherwise, you're wasting your time and my money.

Who the hell would buy a new Def Leppard album in 2006 and not have the originals of "20th Century Boy" and "Rock On"?

I'll always have Hysteria. And Slang. And Euphoria. And X. And Pyromania. And, to a lesser extent, Adrenalize and Rock of Ages.

my first thought with this thread was great white.

I thought of Guns N Roses.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax
    my first thought with this thread was great white.
    Rock bottom is not being able to get out of the club at a Great White show, but yeah they did hit rock bottom after that. (Rock Bottom is a song by Def Leppard also) Def Lepard is just trying to milk it for all it's worth, like alot of "Classic Rock" bands. I did like the way the 2 guitarists in DL worked together, though they lost alot of their cool chord changes and riffs when Steve Clark died after Hysteria. The twin guitars on "Bringing on the Heartbreak" is a good example of the technique invented by Wishbone Ash in a rock format, later influencing bands like Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden, Boston, etc. who later influenced Metallica and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Man you should listen to some of the concerts Axl and his band of misfits but on last week in NY. The old man still rocks.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic
    The old man still rocks.
    He got rocked last weekend by Tommy Hilfiger. Here is the article incase anyone missed it. Good stuff.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Washed up band? If a member is on 'the Surreal Life' then he/she/they are washed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    you'll be eating your words if Chinese Democracy ever gets released!!!

but then we might have a better chance of seeing more SW films than that much ballyhooed album seeing the light of day
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I thought GnR as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten