Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stupid, stupid, stupid Simpsons question

Does anyone know if the episode where Barney steals Homer's car and leaves it parked at the World Trade Center has aired in syndication in any market since 2001?

Just curious.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

good question, I haven't seen that episode in so long and it's one of my favs. I love it when Homer goes to the twin towers to use the bathroom...HILARIOUS!!

sorry this post is of absolutely NO value to your question hehe
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Yes, it's aired since 9/11.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Does anyone know if the episode where Barney steals Homer's car and leaves it parked at the World Trade Center has aired in syndication in any market since 2001?

Just curious.
    It was on up here (Toronto) about a month ago.

Although there were rumors of it being pulled from syndication due to a single airing in late '01 being pulled, I've seen it aired a couple times since then although very rarely. I take notice of it not because "The City of New York vs Homer Simpson", the season opener for '97-'98, has the World Trade Center in it and is thus controversial, but because it is the episode I felt The Simpsons started their meteoric fall from quality.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have also seen it once or twice in the nearly 5 years since 9/11. There are a few good parts of that episode JT.... (very) few.

Yes it has aired. I do beeive I have it dl'd somewhere as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Okay, I was just wond'rin'. I've not seen it on TV in years myself.

Overall, not a great episode, but three gags stand out:

1) Woody Allen dumping his garbage on Homer's head
    2) "Bathroom out of order: Use other tower."
    3) "Ewww! I'll take the crab juice!"

Isn't that also the episode with the immortal "Duffman can never die, only the actors who portray him" line?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes, because it is a Duff party that sends Barney and Homer on a drunken binge
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    I have also seen it once or twice in the nearly 5 years since 9/11. There are a few good parts of that episode JT.... (very) few.
    That's like saying there's great poetry in Spaceballs if you rearrange all the letters in the script.

You know which ep I haven't seen lately? "A Streetcar Named Marge", the one where Marge & Ned Flanders and the group put on the musical "Oh Streetcar!" making many references to New Orleans. Ever since Hurricane Katrina that one's been missing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.