Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sideshow "Order of the Jedi" Anakin Skywalker 12" figure reviewed

Here it comes! Mine's riding in a Fedex truck right now, on its way to my front door. So... who's got it, and what do you think?
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 05-25-2006 at 10:34 PM.
    plasticfetish.net

Mines on it's way, but it's not on a truck yet. Seems the closer you are to SSC the longer it takes to get.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Maybe someone's carrying it over to your house.
    plasticfetish.net

CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER!!! I'm telling!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Possibly. So far SSC customer service is sub par. My Jedi Luke ordered was delayed and they couldn't tell me why. This week I called to get a ship quote (paying with check) and they said they would e-mail it to me the next day, nothing. I call back and I get the same thing. I call back and finally they get their heads out of their behind. As long as I get the figures I guess I can deal with it.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I posted a review in the wrong place...the Sideshow Now Processing - 12" Anakin Skywalker (item #2119) - in the Sideshow Collectibles/12" Scale forum. I have requested that the mods move it here. But I want to add a few notes,. Unfortunately...they are negatives...but very minor ones...I love the figure no less.

1) The incredibly cool Aquabreather has no more function than looks...No sweat to me, I am fine with having it.

2) The material of the robe doesn't allow the point of the hood to lay down against the figure's back when the hood is up...but I did find a way to get it done very well, though not perfectly.

3) I do have to keep re-seating the removeable arm. It does not come all the way out...but partly. Not difficult to work around.

I also have a few pics that I want to post...but seeing as my computer keeps freezing on me and I have to re-boot when it does...II will put those in another post so I don't lose what I have typed so far...
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

OK...here is one more try at the pics...

It is working now plastic...I won't need you to post them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01579.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	13810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01580.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	13811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01585.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	13812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01581.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	13813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01583.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	13814  

My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

i can't wait to get mine. it's freakin cool. yippee. it's an early christmas. pictures are sweat. oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel
    OK...here is one more try at the pics...
    It is working now plastic...I won't need you to post them.
    Cool! I may post 'em up front also. (edit: Done and done. Thanks man!)

Looks great! I have no idea how I'm gonna hide this thing from the kid 'til October. (Fat chance.)
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 05-26-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    plasticfetish.net

I received mine on Wednesday and I really like it. It doesn't look much like Hayden playing Anakin Skywalker but more like "Anakin Skywalker" as a character. Does that make sense?

I'm impressed with all the detail in the belt and the exposed arm. I'm having some issues with the gloved arm easily pulling out of the hole in the shoulder. Still working on a good solution as to how I can give this a long-term fix.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**