Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation CELEBRATION IV in Los Angeles, CA.

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga, taking over the entire Los Angeles Convention Center in May 2007 for five days filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and video presentations, an exhibit of movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise sold at a 24-hour-a-day store, pop culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and scores of additional activities.
    CLICK HERE

Sadly, I won't be attending this one. There's only so much money one is willing to throw at Star Wars and Lucasfilm. For those of you who ARE going... have a great time and start your discussions now. And-- if I can pester someone for one of the exclusives, I will be a happy camper!

Cheers!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I am so going! I live near LA so I will be there.
    [URL="http://www.deathstarplans2.com/"]http://www.deathstarplans2.com/[/URL]

i'm definitely going and i'm sure i'll see many of you there!
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I'm going to try and make it to this one, man it's far away though. Any suggestions (especially places to stay that are close to the center) for those that don't live in LA DSDroid?

Deal with LA traffic? No way!

Seriously, I'll have to wait and see the costs, dates, etc. For some reason, I'm just not as excited about this as I would've thought. Maybe it's Lucasfilm's tendency to try to build hype around things and try to make it seem like they're for the fans, but it's painfully obvious they're nothing but huge advertisements. (Cough, Hyperspace, cough.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by executor
    I'm going to try and make it to this one, man it's far away though. Any suggestions (especially places to stay that are close to the center) for those that don't live in LA DSDroid?
    L.A is huge! The traffic will suck, too!

I am from Orange County but now out in Riverside county. Just plan for plenty of time and stay put within the area because traffic and congestion will delay many things. I guess you would have to check out the local hotels online.
    [URL="http://www.deathstarplans2.com/"]http://www.deathstarplans2.com/[/URL]

Oh look... I move away after living there for 18 years, and they decide to have a huge Star Wars convention in town.

It'll be a great venue for the convention. The place is huge, it won't be raining, and you can take the train into the convention center if you really want. The down side is that you don't want to stay anywhere near the convention center... but that's just me. (edit: Honestly though, there are places to stay right next to the convention center. It'll probably run about $100 per night in most cases, but it might be worth it to avoid traffic, etc.)
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 05-26-2006 at 01:40 PM.
    plasticfetish.net

If I were coming in from out of town, I'd definitely NOT stay near the Convention Center. Find anywhere else that is close to the subway and stay there. Even Burbank works.

If I'm still living here then, I'd consider training it down myself instead of driving. The traffic is always bad, so that doesn't bother me. I'm just imagining all the geeks in the area trying to park down there. That's what will cost you if you can even find a spot.

I'm from San Diego where super-cool Californians come from. I don't actually know LA that well, save for Hollywood maybe because of work.

What's wrong with the LA Convention Center Area for hotels? I so much do NOT want to drive for 3 hours each way from San Diego - or even 1 hour each way from my grandparents' in Orange County. I might stay with my cousin in Hollywood, but I don't even want to be driving and looking for parking on a daily basis up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I'm from San Diego where super-cool Californians come from. I don't actually know LA that well, save for Hollywood maybe because of work.

What's wrong with the LA Convention Center Area for hotels? I so much do NOT want to drive for 3 hours each way from San Diego - or even 1 hour each way from my grandparents' in Orange County. I might stay with my cousin in Hollywood, but I don't even want to be driving and looking for parking on a daily basis up there.
    I guess it depends on how long you plan on staying. The hotel isn't the problem necessarily. It's that you'd be stuck in downtown LA when you're not at the convention center. Not my first choice, but to each his own.