Page 108 of 144 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1431
    I got the latest JLU packs from a collector on another site I go to! The non repack figures in these packs are Amanda Waller, General Eiling, Blackhawk and Samurai, Black Vulcan and Apache Chief. I'm not one of those DC collectors that revels too much in Superfriends nostalgia and didn't even buy the DCUC Wonder Twins w. Gleek while at Comic Con but this pack is awesome!

Mattel is making this claim on their facebook

For those DCU fans looking for Wave 9 and 10, they are STILL shipping. Wave 10 has barely shipped. Tons more are on the way throughout the holiday season!

Let's hope so!

Yeah, I remember them insisting that there were plenty of Series 5 out there as well, and we know how much of a lie that was.

Yeah. Of course, it doesn't help all that much to mention wave 9 is still shipping due to the previous announcement of under-production. So, they may be shipping, but for how long?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Mattel is making this claim on their facebook

For those DCU fans looking for Wave 9 and 10, they are STILL shipping. Wave 10 has barely shipped. Tons more are on the way throughout the holiday season!

Let's hope so!
    I'll believe anything when it comes to this line. 9 and 10 are just rumors, as at this point I've only seen bits of Series 8. Most of the stores around me are still loaded with Series 7.

Wave 9 is not a rumor

In fact, I have an extra Black Canary and Green Arrow to dangle as trade fodder for wave 10 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I saw it mentioned on the Fwoosh that a new wave of the 1:50 vehicle line is out including the Burtonwing, the Batpod (you were right, JT), and a battle damaged version of the B:TAS Batmobile.
    I was? What was I right about?

Damn I am going to hate hunting down the Batwing, but I gotta have it.
    Also for those that might not know, the Burtonmobile, desert camo Tumbler and Super Friends Batmobile have been out for a month or two.
    I've been running into the Desert Camo Tumbler a lot, and then a few times the Superfriends Batmobile. But I'm glad I bought the Burtonmobile at Comic-Con, would hate hunting it down. The Superfriends mold went wrong somehow between proto photos and final release, the production one is so square and boring and lacking the finesse of the proto that I couldn't drop $8 on it.

Aside from nostalgia, what is the appeal of the Mego re-release lines?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I was? What was I right about?
    I was worried that the Batpod would only be available in the 2-pack at SDCC, but you mentioned there was no way that would be happen. It wouldn't be unusual for Mattel to do, so I was still a bit concerned about it until seeing that it was released to a wave.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It's almost 100 percent nostalgia for me, don't know about others. It is very difficult to find a complete vintage figure in good shape, so I imagine this will be an affordable way for collectors to fill in the gaps in their Mego WGSH collections. That, and they are making some characters (like Green Lantern) that were never part of the original lineup; sort of like the retro Trek line did with Sulu and Chekov, and remaking the Gorn to be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Wave 9 is not a rumor

In fact, I have an extra Black Canary and Green Arrow to dangle as trade fodder for wave 10 figures.
    Hmmmm... we'll have to see what turns up.

I'm not too worried about wave 9 though. I've seen them (for way too much) at comic shops, and eventually they'll show up at the bigger stores here. It's wave 10 that I'm sure I'll never see... not that I go to Walmart much anyway.

Wow... seriously? That question on a site catering to adults who collect Star Wars toys seems just a little ironic.

In this case nostalgia counts for a lot, but there's also something to be said for the fact that they look like fun toys. They aren't all characters that were made by Mego either. From the first wave, I think only Superman was a character that Mego released (and Lex Luthor as a 12" figure.)
    plasticfetish.net