Page 117 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1431
    Looks like the new Retro heroes hit for DC. Superman, Green lantern, Lex Luthor, Sinestro. $20.00 each at TRU

The Green Arrow seems to be a special figure and I'm already seeing him on ebay for $80.00 average.

A friend just picked up the first four I mentioned at the local TRU.

I must say the packaging and overall look of the characters reminds me of the originals I used to get at my local kmart and mervyn's when I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by buddyfingers View Post
    Looks like the new Retro heroes hit for DC. Superman, Green lantern, Lex Luthor, Sinestro. $20.00 each at TRU

The Green Arrow seems to be a special figure and I'm already seeing him on ebay for $80.00 average.

A friend just picked up the first four I mentioned at the local TRU.

I must say the packaging and overall look of the characters reminds me of the originals I used to get at my local kmart and mervyn's when I was a kid
    Green Arrow is a Mattycollector.com exclusive and not available at TRU. That's probably why it's going for so much.

I picked up a few of the newest JLU single pack figures today - Barda, Green Arrow and Aquaman. Aquaman is really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    And for anyone who thought it was just a myth... I give you the Batmissile.
    Wow, I picked that up at TRU the same day you posted that! Good find.

What do you think of it? For me, at $9 it's an ok piece, but they took a few liberties, they didn't quite keep it to scale with the regular burtonmobile, the wheels are a little different, and the wheels are a LOT different in concept to boot (each wheel from the car should be the entire axle so still 4 wheels only now inline, but instead the thing now has 8 wheels). Also, the sculpting is a little softer than I expected, and the use of chrome has gotten grotesque. But the overall gets the basics right.

Check out this awesome resource on it: http://www.jayohrberg.com/Batman_Ret...atmissile.html

I was hoping the Batmissile meant the Batwing would be reshipping and easier to find, but so far I have come up painfully empty.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That is weird, I never realized that thing was like a giant roller blade. 'Course it doesn't help that Kenner also used the 8 wheel appearance, and that's the only reference I ever had. Thanks for posting that!

The Batwing is indeed shipping with the Batmissile, though you'd think it would be easier to find by now since everybody complains that it's all plastic.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

You sure that the Kenner one had that? I have it somewhere in the house, but it's lost in the closet right now. It probably did, easier to build the toy that way because the thing holding the wheel on in the movie is very thin and on the outside edge, but I don't remember it being 2 wheels on a single axle the way the Mattel one is, it may have been 2 wheels on a chassis instead which is essentially the same thing but different.

Here's another reference, the actual scene from the film shows the wheels being sucked in and moved to that rollerblade design about 26 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hil5g0nwBX8

Gah, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking with the Batwing!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw what was most likely a full case of the HW Bat vehicles on the pegs at one TRU today and although there were 2 Bat Missiles, there were no Batwings (or else I would've bought it).

Quote Originally Posted by buddyfingers View Post
    I saw those this afternoon when I stopped by TRU, and even though I was extremely excited about them at first, now that I've seen them in person, I'm not impressed at all.

I love MEGO figures, so any attempt at playing with the concept is more than cool by me, but these were just not the quality that I was expecting. I saw all four, and each was a mishmash of poorly sewn clothing over weirdly deformed body parts. I think the Superman in particular was actually broken at the waist.

The packaging isn't much better, as the card backs are way too flimsy... and then there's the fact that TRU has opted to apply J-hooks sort of randomly, so none of them hang on the pegs very well.

A huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wow, I picked that up at TRU the same day you posted that! Good find.

What do you think of it? For me, at $9 it's an ok piece, but they took a few liberties, they didn't quite keep it to scale with the regular burtonmobile, the wheels are a little different, and the wheels are a LOT different in concept to boot (each wheel from the car should be the entire axle so still 4 wheels only now inline, but instead the thing now has 8 wheels). Also, the sculpting is a little softer than I expected, and the use of chrome has gotten grotesque. But the overall gets the basics right.

Check out this awesome resource on it: http://www.jayohrberg.com/Batman_Ret...atmissile.html

I was hoping the Batmissile meant the Batwing would be reshipping and easier to find, but so far I have come up painfully empty.
    I wrote a quick little review over at my blog, but in general I think it's pretty cool. I think you're right about them taking liberties... and it's funny that I was probably over looking at Ohrberg's site at about the same time as you.

I'll have to look at the movie again to see about accuracy, but yeah, if you go by the pics at his site, they probably threw chrome in where it doesn't belong, and other things that we should probably expect from Hot Wheels.

(And then there's TRU's $9 price on these... WTF?)

I could probably locate a Batwing if you still need it. I saw one tonight... there's a few around here still. And in case you're wondering... I still need the Super Friends Batmobile.

So... I kind of mentioned this at my blog, but I'm assuming that this line is over for now. We haven't heard about a forth series have we?
    plasticfetish.net

Okay, fellas, the crappy distribution, high prices, and all-over-the-place character lineups broke my urge to collect the DCSH line, and the Infinite Crisis line (or whatever it's called this week) is so bad, they're only worthwhile to get on clearance and give to toddlers. But I'm dying to know, since I can't find any information: has there been a figure in any line of the Music Meister?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    But I'm dying to know, since I can't find any information: has there been a figure in any line of the Music Meister?
    No, but maybe you could make a custom. In the meantime, here's this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Music_Meister_and_Black_Canary_by_g0N3Morganna.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	22633  
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    We haven't heard about a forth series have we?
    Okay. I've done that thing that I hate... when someone on the internet asks a question that they could easily figure out just by searching a little. So, I fish around and find this...

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/n...px?news_id=969
    plasticfetish.net