Page 120 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1431
    SHOCKING! I'm so glad. Hopefully, this bodes well for future rereleases. I've never seen one figure from a WM wave at retail. I wanted the Imperiex wave, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHBOY View Post
    Great news for anyone that missed out on wave 5 DCUC !!

They are being rereleased on mattycollector.com on May 17th !!

Good news for collectors, bad news for scalpers !!
    It would be nice to get them, but they will go fast and I don't think it will affect the after market price from scalpers in the long run, when they are gone they are gone and people will continue once again to sell them at outrageous prices.

Not that anyone seems to be all that interested in the line, but I picked up the DCU Infinite Heroes Martian Manhunter figure (#52) the other day. Mostly I just wanted to give one of the newer figures with "improved" sculpt and articulation a try. I'm still mightily underwhelmed by the line. These things have a very distinct Japanese capsule toy feel to them, and I'm beginning to wonder if the factory that Mattel uses actually specializes in vending machine toys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcuih_martianmh01.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	22770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcuih_martianmh04.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	22771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcuih_martianmh05.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	22772  
    plasticfetish.net

Oh man, that looks so horrible, thanks for the pics and for being the guinea pig. I've seen plenty of Gashapon that looked better than that turd too, and they came with weird candies to boot. I get that they're trying to hold the line on the lower pricepoint, but man does this new body look horrible in sculpt, deco, assembly, everything. I think Mattel needs to just stop embarrassing themselves with this line, the comparison to Hasbro's Marvel lines is just butchering them, but even on its own merits this line never really captured any audience that well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    the comparison to Hasbro's Marvel lines is just butchering them, but even on its own merits this line never really captured any audience that well.
    I've had plenty of problems with Hasbro's 3-3/4" Marvel figures. Aside from the Iron Man 2 line, I honestly think that most of what they've done is pretty lame. They've been poorly constructed, painted, etc., and generally cheap looking.

The thing that gets me about the Infinite Heroes line, is that by adding more articulation, they've managed to kill the one thing that they had going for them: a line of simple sturdy little figures. Sure, yes they were ugly with big weird hands, and generally reeked of low budget production, but I never worried that they would fall apart while I was trying to remove them from the packaging... that's always been Hasbro's area of expertise.

Yeah, but maybe if they included candy I would like them more.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Not that anyone seems to be all that interested in the line, but I picked up the DCU Infinite Heroes Martian Manhunter figure (#52) the other day. Mostly I just wanted to give one of the newer figures with "improved" sculpt and articulation a try. I'm still mightily underwhelmed by the line. These things have a very distinct Japanese capsule toy feel to them, and I'm beginning to wonder if the factory that Mattel uses actually specializes in vending machine toys.
    His upper legs (hip joints) look hideous. blah
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    I've had plenty of problems with Hasbro's 3-3/4" Marvel figures. Aside from the Iron Man 2 line, I honestly think that most of what they've done is pretty lame. They've been poorly constructed, painted, etc., and generally cheap looking.

The thing that gets me about the Infinite Heroes line, is that by adding more articulation, they've managed to kill the one thing that they had going for them: a line of simple sturdy little figures. Sure, yes they were ugly with big weird hands, and generally reeked of low budget production, but I never worried that they would fall apart while I was trying to remove them from the packaging... that's always been Hasbro's area of expertise.

Yeah, but maybe if they included candy I would like them more.
    I am not impressed with the Hasbro Marvel figures either that often, but they are clearly in a higher class than the Mattel DC figures. Even as a failure, the worst Hasbro Marvel figure is better than the best Mattel DC figure, and that's a shame.

You make a good point about IH, the pricepoint they had was at least geared towards younger kids so the toys should have been too. But Mattel never wanted that, they wanted a line that rivaled Marvel Legends in scope but at a smaller price and scale (and a different license). When Mattel introduced IH at Comic-Con '08, they were on cloud nine, and then their designers went over to the Hasbro booth where they had just introduced Marvel Universe and they were painfully humbled by the superior sculpts, paint, and articulation. They went back to their booth and started telling fans they would be aiming to raise the articulation as soon as they could implement it. They were outclassed and they knew it. And looking at the offerings, it seems clear Mattel was trying to get the collector audience first and foremost, the characters they chose had little appeal or even knowledge towards kids. And now they have a hybrid line that appeals to nobody even worse than before.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Last night, I saw pictures of the DC Direct Wonder Con exclusive Hal Jordan and Sinestro figures. They continue the theme from last year's SDCC exclusives that were such a task to acquire on site. I'd like these two to be offered again at SDCC, so I can have a chance at completing the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Last night, I saw pictures of the DC Direct Wonder Con exclusive Hal Jordan and Sinestro figures. They continue the theme from last year's SDCC exclusives that were such a task to acquire on site. I'd like these two to be offered again at SDCC, so I can have a chance at completing the set.
    Just got a look at those photos finally, and yeah, they do look great. I'm imagining that they'll be offered at SDCC as well... and if anyone is willing to help a brotha' out by grabbing him a Sinestro, I'd really appreciate it.
    plasticfetish.net