Page 139 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1431
    Anti-Morrison/Damien Wayne people might have reason to rejoice today.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Anti-Morrison/Damien Wayne people might have reason to rejoice today.
    Not anti Morrison but certainly the latter. Now how long do I have wait for Simon Baz RIP?

I am anti-Morrison, but pro-Damian. This makes me even more anti-Morrison today.

I completely disliked the characterization of Damien initially, along with that black and white body suit, but the character did improve as the years passed. Despite this, I think that having Robin upon Robin upon Robin cheapens the idea of Robin. I think he'll be brought back.

Baz is probably not going anywhere, but the last several issues of Green Lantern have been the worst I've seen in years. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad Johns is leaving the book. The Third Army was trash and while the concepts of a First Lantern and Guardian secrets intrigue me, the execution has been atrocious. The most interesting and evolved character during the course of Johns' run is Sinestro. Clearly, Johns' passion is now Aquaman and that book is outstanding, even better than his Justice League.

It certainly cheapens the idea of Dick Grayson, since "Robin" was his monicker before he even met Batman. Jason Todd obviously was meant to be interchangeable with Dick Grayson which is why he got voted off the planet by readers. Tim Drake is my favorite version of the character, but he should have been his own man, and surely so should have Damian and Carrie Kelly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I find it a bit odd that, apparently, it's "cool" to hate Tim because fanboys see him as a form of fanboy wish fulfillment. I can sort of see where they're coming from, but I always thought having a detective Robin (who was good enough at it to do what most adults, even those trying to, couldn't) made him distinctly different from the acrobat Robin. The big problem with Jason was, even after they revamped his origin, he was already kinda hated for being a Dick clone.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I find it a bit odd that, apparently, it's "cool" to hate Tim because fanboys see him as a form of fanboy wish fulfillment. I can sort of see where they're coming from, but I always thought having a detective Robin (who was good enough at it to do what most adults, even those trying to, couldn't) made him distinctly different from the acrobat Robin. The big problem with Jason was, even after they revamped his origin, he was already kinda hated for being a Dick clone.
    I can honestly say that I have never met another comics fan that hated Tim. Near as I can tell, he's a fairly well-loved character. There was even quite a bit of outrage over what the reboot did to him.

No pun intended on that last part?

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I can honestly say that I have never met another comics fan that hated Tim. Near as I can tell, he's a fairly well-loved character. There was even quite a bit of outrage over what the reboot did to him.
    People hate on Tim? Tim's kinda cool, yeah he's fanboy wish fulfillment but what superhero and sidekick ain't? He's his own man, he's a real detective and he's learned to fight in his own way. I know I'm not a mega comic guy, but I too have not met any Tim Drake haters. Then again, it's the web, that is what brings haters together.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've never met any in person, but there seem to be a lot of them.

Tim was always the Robin for me. Dick was always grown, and Jason was always dead.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've never met any in person, but there seem to be a lot of them.

Tim was always the Robin for me. Dick was always grown, and Jason was always dead.
    I grew up on my mom's anthology Batman collections and her Tim Drake Robin issues (ok, I was mostly grown by then), so for me it was mainly Dick Grayson as Robin and then a smattering of Tim Drake, then all Tim Drake. I read the Jason Todd stuff but it resonated not at all.