Page 140 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1431
    Jason might've worked better from the start if he'd always been the post-Crisis street thug version. As I recall, he was pretty loathed because he was so clearly a Dick Grayson surrogate.

(Then again, A Death in the Family was kinda fixed, if you think about it, albeit unintentionally. The Dark Knight Returns had come out a couple of years prior, and wasn't yet definitively considered non-canon. And it specifically states that Joker had killed Jason years before.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I finally found a Batman Unlimited Batgirl at TRU this morning.

And I caught both the Young Justice and Green Lantern series finales. GL's was the better of the two episodes I felt.

I saw some Target exclusive "Justice League" figures that are clearly repaints of Batman: The Brave & The Bold figures with DCnU color schemes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I saw some Target exclusive "Justice League" figures that are clearly repaints of Batman: The Brave & The Bold figures with DCnU color schemes.
    They're not exactly repaints. They don't have the big holes for the accessories And Wonder Woman is new.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I finally found a Batman Unlimited Batgirl at TRU this morning.

And I caught both the Young Justice and Green Lantern series finales. GL's was the better of the two episodes I felt.
    Yeah, I didn't catch GL's finale but the tail end was on my DVR from Young Justice, and it definitely felt like the better way to go out than the "let's throw everything and the kitchen sink at the screen" move by Young Justice. Stupid CN/WB shouldn't have killed Young Justice so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    They're not exactly repaints. They don't have the big holes for the accessories And Wonder Woman is new.
    Exactly, not plug-n-play anymore.

Target West Hollywood had the individuals and some motorcycle packs for Supes and Bats, and then a HUGE boxed set with all the characters for $50 - 7 total: Supes, Bats, WW, Flash, GL, Cyborg, and that nice Gil Fishman boy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I echo all the sentiments that Young Justice ended too soon. It clearly could have gone another season, as the multi-season arc about the Light was not done. Justice League Unlimited had a true finale that was reasonably conclusive to the nearly decades of stories within that universe. YJ did not. Sadly. Worse is that it is being replaced with the Teen Titans. I never severely disliked the show, but it pales in comparison to what YJ was.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I echo all the sentiments that Young Justice ended too soon. It clearly could have gone another season, as the multi-season arc about the Light was not done. Justice League Unlimited had a true finale that was reasonably conclusive to the nearly decades of stories within that universe. YJ did not. Sadly. Worse is that it is being replaced with the Teen Titans. I never severely disliked the show, but it pales in comparison to what YJ was.
    Green Lantern and YJ are being replaced by Teen Titans Go and by Beware the CGIman - not only did we not need a new "extreme" Batman cartoon with a gun-toting Alfred and a female sidekick Katana, but we certainly didn't need a cheap, highly-stylized version aping BTAS. And what bugs me about Teen Titans Go is that they already had 3 years with that universe, that show did what it set out to do, there was no need to come back to that expression a decade later. So instead of having YJ with a mature, take-the-audience-seriously type of storytelling, they go to "dark violence" gimmicks and little kid silliness, and toss the majority of the DC hero universe off TV yet again. I think both JLU and YJ suffered because Mattel screwed up their toy lines and Cartoon Network screwed up their marketing, had either entity put better efforts forward on both we'd not be lamenting right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Beware the Batman looks awful. I'm not saying that as a "sour grapes" thing over the B&TB cancellation; no, it just looks bad. Aside from the clunky CG we've seen before, and the gun-toting (and videogaming) Alfred, and the bizarre inclusion of Katana as his sidekick, the show also promises to focus on "obscure" villains. So far, they've named Magpie (remember her? yeah, even I don't, and my first Batman comic had her on the cover), Professor Pyg (because Morrison's dark Batverse ought to work great for kids, right?), and Anarky as the ringleader. I'm assuming since Anarky is a full-on villain and not a misguided vigilante, they're going with the generic thug a**hole pretender to that name from Fabian Nicieza's tenure and not the actual unique character created by Grant and Breyfogle, who actually had his own solo title (even if it did fail quickly).

While the Lonnie Machin Anarky might actually be an interesting villain, what with him being the Joker's son and this never being disproven as was originally planned, Thug McJones "anarky" probably won't be attracting tons of viewers. I don't know that Louie the Lilac could save this show. It would take some incredible writing to overcome all that's stacked against it from the onset--I'm talking writing that would make people forget Batman: The Animated Series.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

On the bright side... the '66 Batman Joker looks great. And SDCC Batusi Batman.... woot!

Anyone attending SDCC, please let me know. I have to get my mitts on one of those.

Also... very cool news, Jeff Parker of Marvel Adventures: Avengers and Agents of Atlas is writing a new Batman '66 comic for DC. It'll debut as Digital Only but then be released in print shortly after. So awesome news all around.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...-and-batmobile

http://www.parkerspace.com/2013/03/2...-begins-again/

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...assic-tv-show/
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I really hope that A) they collect this is paperback shortly down the road, and B) the series doesn't entirely focus on guys like Joker and Mad Hatter. There are some pretty wild villains who never appeared elsewhere, only appeared in background roles on Batman: The Brave and the Bold, or, in Egghead and King Tut's case, have only appeared once or twice in other comics.

Anyone who knows me knows what villain I want to appear.
    Tommy, close your eyes.