Page 16 of 144 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Spotted Heat Vision Superman Returns Superman yesterday at Target, but it was grabbed up pretty quick.

Also at Target yesterday...

Mattel DC Superheroes S3 Batman - A new sculpt from what I can tell, and one that's not entirely welcome, they decided to go with a "realistic" idea of Bats and it comes off looking a little too old and constipated, and the larger utility belt is so inflexible it interferes with his leg movement. The "realism" extends to his costume, it mostly works in that regard though but makes the boots seem a little too plain. His cape is sculpted narrower as it's slightly bunched together, I like this look sometimes but others it doesn't quite do it for me. Bats' build is pretty big, but only his thunder-thighs are really over the top. The figure has ok base paint, standard gray and blue Bats, then they gave him a crazy black paint wash everywhere that's not even from section to section, I don't hate it and he'd look really plain without it, but it should have been better. Articulation is good for the most part, they're really starting to get to a level that I can love, it's everything the DSCH Superman fig from the last wave had plus a mid-thigh cut-joint; however the neck articulation is a little limited because the lower joint is part of the rubbery neck, the upper ball joint does ok but between the lower joint and the sculpting he looks like he's bending his head to the left all the time. The new hinged torso works pretty well for bats (similar to DCSH Supes), can't do side-tilting but it has way more range in what it can do. The figure comes with a bunch of batarangs, all different and various styles, that's the good news; the bad news is his hands are permanent fists and while the left one is cut and posed to accomodate the batarangs, it's only theoretical for most of them as it's not deep or wide enough. All in all, this figure is ok but should be better, not quite able to happily recommend. Grade: B-
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Does anybody know if there are any plans to release a DC Superheroes Wonder Woman any time soon? I like how these figures look, but ive yet to buy any of them. I really havent been able to because ive skipped on Marvel Legends for years now, and i like them characters more than DC ones. Im most tempted on buying Batman, but only to pit him up against a McFarlane Predator ive got to recreate one of their battles.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I haven't heard anything about Mattel doing a Wonder Woman figure, I'm betting DC held that license out because they're hoping to get another project started. This is why there's only Superman and Batman figures in the DCSH line so far unfortunately, and why DC's mass-market toyline can never compete with Marvel Legends.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

DC Direct did 6" Wonder Woman in their "First Appearance" and "Elseworlds" lines. The First Appearance one had the classic outfit. The Elseworlds WW had Soviet Union colors/insignia.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

JediTricks, thanks for explaining why there isnt a Wonder Woman in the DCSH line. Thats too bad though, those figures look very cool.

Ji'dai, I might have to go looking for one of those DC Direct Wonder Woman figures you mentioned. I want to get a head start on my Christmas shopping.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    DC Direct did 6" Wonder Woman in their "First Appearance" and "Elseworlds" lines. The First Appearance one had the classic outfit. The Elseworlds WW had Soviet Union colors/insignia.
    True, but that's not Mattel's DC Superheroes line. DCD also did a regular Wonder Woman figure in the first Justice League line, one of their earliest figures (there was a redux of it with a shield and axe as well); a musclebound one in Justice Leauge wave 3; Kingdome Come armored WW and wave 3 had regular WW; JLA New Frontier had the anime-style sword-bearing one; there was a WW with Cheetah figure in DCD's Superfriends line; the Silver Age 2pack of WW and Wonder Girl, and they're rereleasing that Silver Age one this November under the "DC Direct Re Activated" line.

Mattel however is not covering WW at this time.

Ok, so i bought the first Batman figure from the DC Superheroes line and while i like the overall look of the figure, i cant stand the way his head is. If only he could have gotten a ball jointed neck he would be so much better. As it is, it seems like hes best suited for being posed as if he were staring down at something. Anybody know if the other Batman is any better?

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer View Post
    Anybody know if the other Batman is any better?
    Take a look...

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=952
    plasticfetish.net

Thanks for the pics. I see some good and some bad. I like the better articulation of his legs on that one, the grittier look, and how is cape doesnt seem to hinder his arm movement so much. His upper body seems to be a little too big though. Overall though, i think i like that one more than the one ive got.

I held off on getting the first version when I saw that this second one was coming. I like this one, but now I'm really thinking about picking up the first version also. They both seem to have their merits.

About the big chest...yeah, he does... but I think he needs to be somewhat exaggerated because of that big belt.
    plasticfetish.net