Page 17 of 144 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    I found an extra Azrael and Mr. Freeze the other night at Target for my buddy. I ordered a complete set from Cornerstore, but i know how rare Azrael is. Which is why i nearly crapped my pants when I saw him just relaxin' on the pegs. Figure looks pretty good though.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

i picked up the Justice League animated Zatanna and Kyle Rayner 3 packs from WM today

My comic shop had the Corgi 1/24th 2000 Batmobile, $25, only DOUBLE what it sells for at TRU and WM - yeesh. It's better than I expected, I will definitely be picking it up when I find it for $18-$12.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I see some good and some bad. I like the better articulation of his legs on that one, the grittier look, and how is cape doesnt seem to hinder his arm movement so much. His upper body seems to be a little too big though. Overall though, i think i like that one more than the one ive got.
    If you like his grittier look, DEFINITELY get him (luckily he's been not too difficult to find around here lately, no idea why), the waist in that photo is part of what makes him look so big in the upper torso (he *is* actually, but in person it's a lot easier to overlook than in photos) and the waist looks less small when posed differently. Plus, he's got the ball-jointed head and doesn't constantly look downwards.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I did see DC Direct's JLA The New Frontier Series 1 with Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Hawk, & Green Arrow at Suncoast today. I wasn't all that impressed with the artwork-inspired likenesses on these, especially Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

FYI: the new and improved TRU website has the Hologram Jor-El figure in stock. They also have the Two pack of Kal-El and Jor-el up for pre-order. I ordered both. I guess we now found out if this amazon split will help anything.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...tId=2300659&cp Brando

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...tId=2335961&cp two Pack

Cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JMG, the amazon/TRU split doesn't seem to have helped out all as many of the same problems that plagued amazon like cancelled preorders or heavily delayed preorders are part of the tru.com package as well.

FB- I guess we'll wait and see. I got confirmation that Jor-El arrived safely at my house. I use their online stuff as a backup anyway. I just don't know with Grad School/Teaching/Holiday Hell I'll be able to get to a TRU to get a 2-pack. Hopefully, all goes well.

The USPS has DC Superhero first class stamps out now. Philatelists, decal lovers, or antiquarians who still remember or *gasp* use snail mail might be interested in adorning their letters with these nifty stamps that feature Superman, Batman, Hawkman and a host of others on comic covers and in action poses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC_Stamps.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	14526  
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I got a sheet of'em yesterday, they're pretty cool but I'm surprised they included someone like Plastic Man. At the bottom it says chapter one, sounds like they're going to make more?

The sheet costs about $8 if I recall right.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I would really go for a universal Superman Movie line. I was thinking of 7" figures....

- Christopher Reeves as Superman
    - Christopher Reeves as Clark Kent
    - Brandon Routh as Superman
    - Brandon Routh as Clark Kent
    - Margott Kidder as Lois Lane
    - Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane (Chase)
    - Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor w/ extra wigs
    - Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor w/ extra wigs
    - Ned Beatty as Otis (chase)
    - Valerie Perrine as Ms. Teschmaucher
    - Parker Posey as Kitty Kowalski (chase)
    - Marlon Brando as Jor-El

Se, I'd be all over a line like this. Superman needs GOOD movie figures that LOOK like the actors that playd them. Just an idea.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett