Page 22 of 144 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I can help you look for a Darkseid as well, J&H.
    Thank you kind sir!!
    If you see one, we might could work out a cash + cards deal or something. Whatever you like, you know I still have that Olson auto and other stuff we talked about.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

i'm a sucker for the JLU animated figures and so i picked up the Target exclusive Doomsday 6 pack today.

I've been eyeing that one the last few visits, how is it in person out of the box?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, the Doomsday figure is probably the best villain figure they've ever made in the animated line. He has 10 points of articulation - head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees. I don't have a reference pic from the cartoon but the sculpt looks really good. However, out of all the sets I saw at La Brea Target, most of them didn't have very good paint apps. The head is rubbery as are the spikes on the shoulders and knees.

Clear Amazo is okay. The only gripe i have about it is that you can see the 4 pegs on the torso where they glued the figure together. Then again, Mattel did a better job on this figure than Hasbro does with their holo figures.

Bizarro is okay. The sculpt is pretty good and i don't know if you're a stickler for such things but whereas most of Supes' costume is molded (the S logo, belt), they're all just painted on Bizarro.

the other figures - Bruce, Diana, Clark have all been available for years and so i won't comment on those. but like i said, the gem of this set is Doomsday.

Thanks for the 411, I'll definitely take another look at the set when I see it.

There's a The Batman set at TRU, exclusive, it's called Arkahm Asylum and has 5 villains in 1 box: Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist w/ Scarface, the Riddler, Clayface, and a repaint of an armor Batman. It's $40 though which is steep since only 3 of those figures are really special - Ivy and V&S are new, Freeze is hard to fnd. The set is also split into 2 3packs exclusive to Target for $20 each - nice, huh? Supposedly, there's a variant on the Arkham set where Ventriloquist comes with Mr Snoots instead of Scarface - that's some nerve of Mattel!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

at least we know that hasbro isn't the only one that's fond of boxed sets of repacks!

and how great is it that Mattel didn't make both The Batman and the JLU figures at the same scale!

Mattel hates customers

New things I've spotted...

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the "Superman Returns" Hologram Jor-El is turning up at TRU. I'm not ordinarily up for spending $10 on something like this... but what the h***, it's a clear plastic version of Brando.

Also, I spotted the 12" versions of DC SuperHeroes Batman and Superman at TRU. I like the sculpt of both figures, and Batman is tempting, but I'm not really happy with the $30 price. (I'm gonna bet we'll see those on clearance at some point.)
    plasticfetish.net

I saw the hologram Jor-El yesterday, I figured it had been out for awhile but guess not. Also saw the Jor-El/Kal-El 2-pack, I think they even still had the single carded Superman exclusive still. Guess that stuff's not selling too well, so hopefully they'll have them when I get a chance to pick'em up. Didn't see the DCSH 12" though, the only DCSH they had was a full stocking of series 2 including 3 Doomsdays. I'm rather sick of seeing series 2...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I badmouthed Holo Jor-El a few days ago, it looks white to me, not clear.

1-up scaled DCSH Bats & Supes? That sounds pretty cool, I gotta see them.

I'm starting to see a lot of wave 4's Brainiac figure, not as many as that wave's awful Superman, but still, it's the only other one pegwarming at this point.