Page 23 of 144 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Found this at TRU last night, new wave of figures I guess, The Batman's EXP packaging has changed to a regular blister card which is good, but EXP is still dopey.

Mattel The Batman Ice Blast Mr Freeze
    - I wanted the first Mr Freeze figure but never found him except in crappy multipacks, but this second edition makes up for it by being a pretty decent retool. Now instead of ice covering his head it's melted away partly exposing his head, looks like a fur-lined collar but in reverse. His other accessory is a soft rubbery ice blast that slips over his hand like a glove, it's pretty nifty. The clear upper arms is weird, should have had something inside, and his articulation could be better (he has neck, shoulders, waist, and hips, but no elbows or knees), but I like him overall.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was at wal-mart today and i found the variant Superman with the black/red S on his chest. I don't usually do variants, but i figured, 8 bucks, what the hell. Looks kinda nifty anyway in contrast to the regular ones. No Supergirl variants though, not that I would've bought her anyway.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I saw some new JLU animated offerings today at Target - single carded Elongated Man, Supes/WW/Demon Etrigan 3 pack, Huntress/Batman/Atom 3 pack.

I saw the Mattel 10 or 12" DC Superheroes at TRU today; though just Supes & Batman made an appearance. The box back had pics of Mr. Freeze and a pair of other characters I don't recall the names of. Kind of bland for adult collectors, but they might appeal to youngsters.

I spotted Monogram International's DC Superhero paperweights at Suncoast. They come packaged in clamshells and range in two shapes & sizes: busts and smaller figurines.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Finally found this one at Target, the ONLY figure from the wave that wasn't that crappy Superman repaint...

DC Superheroes Lex Luthor
    - this is a good likeness of classic Lex, a little older and broader than what we've been seeing lately from other media. The outfit is essentially his 1980s armor, he's a little bulkier and it's not so cheesy looking as its debut, the design looks good all around though it does limit movement, less articulation than it could, is a bit preposed in the arms, and posing some and the feet are a dead cheat by having no ankle above them if you look carefully. Lex comes with a small sci-fi blaster, it looks like nothing special and doesn't fit for crap in his right hand, but fits ok in his left; Lex also comes with a small chunk of kryptonite, it actually is sculpted to fit in the top of the blaster which makes both pieces look better than they do separately. Pack-in comic is a Supergirl title, WTF indeed! Pretty decent figure with some notable flaws but nothing too dooming. Grade: B
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

the only Superman stuff I have are the movies and the Takara Comic Book Style Superman and Takara Supergirl figures. hoping to get the Takara Superman Returns figure for Christmas.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

i picked up JLU animated Vigilante and Orion the other day.

The local Suncoast had DC Direct's Dark Victory line-up on the pegs today, $14.99 each. This series includes Batman, a Penguin & Robin 2 pack, Scarecrow, and Commisoner Gordon. Penguin looked pretty good as did Scarecrow, which they seem to reimagine with each incarnation in figure form. Gordo looked like the classic hard-boiled detective with the push-broom 'stache and haircut you'd could set your watch by.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I feel like such a hack. my buddy called from Cali today and told me he found repacks of the Superman Returns figures in a new packaging style now called: Man of Steel. Repacks, repaints, crap, etc, BUT, the line does have a Metallo and a Mongrel (mongrul?) THE HELL. I had NO IDEA about this. Maybe i skimmed over it?!?!?

Anyway, i did some searching and i can't find Mongrel, but kbtoys DOES have Metallo in stock: http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...7/INstock/Y/D/

I got mine. He didn't find a Mongrul and i'm not finding any pictures of him, so I don't know if maybe he's due out in future waves? Either way, heads up!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

They were actually shown at comic con but not given much attention at all, mainly because they were pretty cheesy. KBToys also has the new Luthor that came out with them that takes kryptoarmor to a new level- it looks like it's growing on him.

Here's an auction where you can see the packaging:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-SUPERMA...QQcmdZViewItem
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"