Page 29 of 144 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Gah! I am sick to death of Man-bat figures! Man-bat is among Batman's worst villain but they pump figures of him out and collectors can't seem to get enough.

Kal-el is not a challenging figure, they took the current Superman body and gave it a new head and shiny paintjob.

The sculpting and paint on Mongul looks good, but I don't give a crap about the character.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Shut up, man. Anyone without love for Man-Bat should be forced to watch the entire run of Aqua Teen Hunger Force in one sitting. (Those of us who love Man-Bat would see such a viewing as a treat.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well if Manbat is not of your palette, maybe you would prefer something more Earthy...

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=31
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Well if Manbat is not of your palette, maybe you would prefer something more Earthy...

Nice linkage! He looks pretty fantastic!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Also, two more Supermen that were only pictured on the Mongul wave packaging there, a black suit Superman and a Cyborg Superman.

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=34
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Cyborg! Sweet!!!

Wonder if he'll come with a base of the ashes of Coast City and a crying Hal Jordan?

Seriously, though, hopefully there will be a red variant of this one. I'm not a big variant fan, but since he was red when he returned from seeming destruction, it makes sense. Unlike "Lava Reflection Doomsday."

Black Costume Superman is a bit of a mystery. Does anyone know what that's from? My first thought was the suit he wore when he first came back from the dead, but the picture is as different as a costume can be from that one and still be black and silver.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I love the look of that Mongul. Absolutely cannot wait to get this.

The Cyborg and Black Suit Superman figures rock too, just hope its not 10 years before I spot them in the stores here.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Shut up, man. Anyone without love for Man-Bat should be forced to watch the entire run of Aqua Teen Hunger Force in one sitting. (Those of us who love Man-Bat would see such a viewing as a treat.)
    Eat toe cheese. Man-Bat is a lame b-grade horror film character that works best as a toy because he's such a thin villain in the comics but has a crazy look.

That's what I'm talking about! Granted, it *should* be easy to make an awesome Clayface like that, yet this is one really steps it up a notch as well.

Also, two more Supermen that were only pictured on the Mongul wave packaging there, a black suit Superman and a Cyborg Superman.

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=34
    Cyborg Supes looks cool, that one's gonna be a buy.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Black Costume Superman is a bit of a mystery. Does anyone know what that's from? My first thought was the suit he wore when he first came back from the dead, but the picture is as different as a costume can be from that one and still be black and silver.
    Yeah, I had the same thought, and you're right, different type of black outfit, plus when he came back from the dead Supes had long hair.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw lava reflection Doomsday at WM today and all i can say is wow, what a craptastic pegwarmer. perhaps it'll be the Scarecrow of 07

Black costume Superman is from the Emperor Joker storyline form a couple years back. Joker won a bet with Mr. Mxyzptlk for which he received the latter's powers. Using said powers, Joker created his own twisted version of the world where Bizarro was the hero and Superman a murderous villain who would break out of his cell in Arkham Asylum regularly to wreak havok until he realized what had happened to him. Pretty cool story that makes for a more sensible Superman variant than a lot we've had in the past.

...and for the record, that Green Lantern script has been in development with Warner Brothers just like every other DC Comics character (Captain Marvel at New Line being the only exception. Also, movie toy licenses tend to be sold and held seperately from the comics licenses. Which is why companies like Hasbro will often have seperate toy lines for the comics, the cartoons and the movies such as with Batman. Robin was kept out of The Batman for a time in order to avoid confusion for the child audience who were already watching a rather different version of the character on Teen Titans. The Joker moratorium was imposed on Justice League and it's toy line in order to give the character as seen on The Batman a chance for exposure.