Page 30 of 144 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post

...and for the record, that Green Lantern script has been in development with Warner Brothers just like every other DC Comics character (Captain Marvel at New Line being the only exception. Also, movie toy licenses tend to be sold and held seperately from the comics licenses. Which is why companies like Hasbro will often have seperate toy lines for the comics, the cartoons and the movies such as with Batman. Robin was kept out of The Batman for a time in order to avoid confusion for the child audience who were already watching a rather different version of the character on Teen Titans. The Joker moratorium was imposed on Justice League and it's toy line in order to give the character as seen on The Batman a chance for exposure.
    The Joker moratorium has been lifted, apparently, as there was a JLU figure of him shown at toyfair

Probably because "The Batman" is tanking hard.

Thanks for the black-suit Supes 411, I guess an evil Supes might make a decent villain for good Supes. I have a few large Spawn figures currently slated to go toe-to-toe with Supes right now, Creech 1 (although sadly I lost his damn wrist guns) is my current fav.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Probably because "The Batman" is tanking hard.
    You mean the toys, not the show right? I like the cartoon, I think its very good and I like the animation style.

The basic figures sell pretty good around here, but alot of those new Shadowtech figures are hanging around alot for some reason.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I have to admit, I saw a newer episode of The Batman, which appeared to feature a very different version of the Clock King, and it was like night and day compared to the season 1 episodes.

Still not Timm & Dini's Batman: The Animated Series by a long, long shot, but it was at least watchable.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I have to admit, I saw a newer episode of The Batman, which appeared to feature a very different version of the Clock King, and it was like night and day compared to the season 1 episodes.
    Yeah, that one was on last week here. I thought it was good..guy was going to bomb the city at the New Year's Celebration.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    You mean the toys, not the show right? I like the cartoon, I think its very good and I like the animation style.

The basic figures sell pretty good around here, but alot of those new Shadowtech figures are hanging around alot for some reason.
    Both the show and the toys.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know you're a Batman fan JT...do you like the show?

I watch the show hoping it'll get better, but it never fails to disappoint and the addition of Batgirl and Robin has only served to further hamper it. Part of the problem is the very premise is inconsistent with who Batman is, especially when he's starting out, he's not some gadget-junky and he's not some wimpy-sounding guy putting on airs (I really hate Rino Romano in the title role, he's all wrong). Another major failure is that the villains and situations just aren't compelling generally, and any time they actually get something interesting started the batkids come by and ruin it.

They totally screwed up Penguin beyond any sort of recognition. And what's with his two geisha/kunoichi girls in spandex?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Basically, Penguin is an unthreatening character so they had to punch him up with something more Jackie Chan Adventures-esque (both shows are the same director). It's pretty awful.

I found the DC Superheroes Batman/Batgirl 2pack at Target yesterday and picked it up, I figured I already have the S3 Batman but it couldn't hurt to have another. Batgirl's a good entry in the line, good range of motion, good sculpt, nothing too crazy, paint's good, it works nicely. The left shoulder joint is loose on mine, but oh well; the mid-torso hinge is less favorable with a minimal range of motion, but not a deal-killer. Cape is still plastic, similar to S3 Batman's. Can't go too wrong with non-Cassandra Batgirl.