Page 36 of 144 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've not seen Black Superman yet, but I'm going to pass if I do. If they'd bothered to actually make it accurate, I'd get it. But this is some weird hodgepodge, kind of like the stupid Kal El figure.
    Or, you could pick it up for me? That would work too.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    What are you getting at exactly when you say that JT? (Just curious really.)
    Only that their mismanagement of the line has made it next to impossible to collect, interest in the main DCSH line (I don't count the JLU line as DCSH even though Mattel put that name on it) seems to be bottoming out due to horrible management decisions.

I spotted Mongul at WM yesterday, I didn't buy him though, I'm getting tired of Supes' villains as figures, they're not very exciting toys.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A Batman wave was supposed to come out at the end of this month but has been pushed back until July AND it appears they've cancelled the Cassandra Batgirl that was supposed to be in it (it isn't clear if she's not being made at all or if she's just pushed to another wave).

The figures in the wave are Knight Shadow Batman (all black with a fully sealed mask like Cassandra's Batgirl mask), Two-Face and Camo Bane with Osito (series 1 Bane with camoflouge-painted pants).

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...HBatman5.shtml

I've still yet to find Mongul or black suited Supes, they're the last two (well four, I need two of each) I need of the currently released DCSH figures.

I definitely agree about Mattel's (mis)management of this line, it wasn't too bad at first but now that we've reached what seems to not just be a hiatus untilt he new wave, but a hiatus until any shipping at all... Well, that's just gonna kill it.

Two Wal-Marts here have already stopped carrying DCSH, the closest one that does hasn't been restocked in a month or two but they've only got six figures between three pegs. I assume they just haven't been getting anything in.

Ya know, I don't care if they want to pack 4 Supermans into a case, they seem to (eventually) sell. But packing only 1 of each of any other character? That's just ridiculous and they even seemed to realize that back when Croc and Freeze were going for $50+ each.

It's a shame too, the Four Horsemen are really nice guys and have been even answering questions on quite a few boards, yet they're rewared by Mattel by having their work settle on the razor's edge between production and cancellation.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I forgot to mention, I found a lone Supes/Clark 2pack at Target last night for $3.48, and bought it after all the hemming and hawing. Clark is too skinny, the glasses don't seem to be removable, the limbs feel hollow and the ankle hinge is cheap. It's an ok set, great at this price, but I would have liked to see a removable shirt to have that Superman thing really going on.

Nice link Basker, thanks! Stupid Mattel pushing it back to July, they really suck. Two-Face looks pretty decent, I hope the head isn't looking that far up in the ones we get though. I don't want to like Knight Shadow Batman, but I can't help it, I do. Bane is such a dumb re-release it's almost painful, that thing pegwarmed hard when his outfit wasn't as dopey.

Did they ever release the Clayface seen on the cardback there? I don't remember it, but they've really screwed up this line so it's not impossible it got by me. If not, maybe they're holding Casandra back for a later wave with him.

I definitely agree about Mattel's (mis)management of this line, it wasn't too bad at first but now that we've reached what seems to not just be a hiatus untilt he new wave, but a hiatus until any shipping at all... Well, that's just gonna kill it.
    That's exactly what happened on the line's predecessor, the Batman line.

I thought I heard the 4 Horsemen had quit the line.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    it wasn't too bad at first but now that we've reached what seems to not just be a hiatus untilt he new wave, but a hiatus until any shipping at all... Well, that's just gonna kill it.
    Meh, same deal with the He-Man relaunch (which if done right would still be ongoing to this day,) same deal with just about any cool figure lines Mattel ever does. They're the Fox Broadcasting of the action figure world - they despise success and quality.

Boy is that Knight Shadow Batman ever cool, though!

Clayface hasn't been released yet, this wave will actually be the first Batman characters in the DC Superheroes line since the Azrael wave. I think Clayface, Manbat and the grey/black Batman (repaint of series 3/knight shadow batman) will be in the same wave.

The Four Horsemen are actually sculpting all the DC Superheroes figures right now, which is why they're awesome.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Meh, same deal with the He-Man relaunch (which if done right would still be ongoing to this day,) same deal with just about any cool figure lines Mattel ever does.
    Too true... which is why, with this line in particular, I'm not counting on anything. When something good turns up I'm happy. I never know if they'll just dump this thing like they did with He-Man. Mattel isn't very good at promoting their lines, or giving us any info on what's coming next.. never has been I suppose.

The Four Horsemen are actually sculpting all the DC Superheroes figures right now, which is why they're awesome.
    Agreed!

I'm not really a huge follower of the books that most of these have come from, but I like the characters (from what I know of them), and love the work that the Horsemen turn out. They're very nicely sculpted, reasonably well constructed, and at this point I'd say they're the best thing going for superhero toys.

-----

I'd found Steel and Parasite a while ago BTW, and think they're both great also.
    plasticfetish.net

I would love to see a line based on the Legion of Superheroes show. I want a young Supes figure and a Brainiac 5.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Meh, same deal with the He-Man relaunch (which if done right would still be ongoing to this day,) same deal with just about any cool figure lines Mattel ever does. They're the Fox Broadcasting of the action figure world - they despise success and quality.
    That is such an accurate point, too bad it's so true.

Clayface hasn't been released yet, this wave will actually be the first Batman characters in the DC Superheroes line since the Azrael wave. I think Clayface, Manbat and the grey/black Batman (repaint of series 3/knight shadow batman) will be in the same wave.
    Stupid Man-bat, I hate that guy. Good to know then.

Good, I had heard there was a falling out after Mattel put some non-4horsemen sculpts into the Batman version of the line (Supes and Nightwing).

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I would love to see a line based on the Legion of Superheroes show. I want a young Supes figure and a Brainiac 5.
    Yeah, that would be cool. I suppose they're going to release animated ones based on the new cartoon, similar to the Teen Titans figures from a year ago but not quite as cartoony, yet I haven't heard word 1 yet. You wouldn't think Legion figures would be hard to license since they don't crossover with any other DC brand, but Mattel may not have the license to do comic-like versions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, that would be cool. I suppose they're going to release animated ones based on the new cartoon, similar to the Teen Titans figures from a year ago but not quite as cartoony, yet I haven't heard word 1 yet.
    Let's hope we get to see a line of these in the not-too-distant future; I think the characters all are cool looking on the cartoon and figures like those (although as you said not as cartoony) would be great.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed