Page 43 of 144 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Jets+Heels, I saw the DC Superfriends toys at Mervyn's today (not sure if you have that store out there). They had Supes, Bats and Flash. Didn't buy but they look pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Jets+Heels, I saw the DC Superfriends toys at Mervyn's today (not sure if you have that store out there). They had Supes, Bats and Flash. Didn't buy but they look pretty nice.
    No, we do not have that store here, but thanks for the heads up!! I check for these everytime I go out looking. Now that they have hit somewhere I feel a little bit better.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    the other 3 pack you're probably thinking of is Hawkman/Rocket Red/Justice Lords Flash.
    Figured it out when I saw another Black Canary pack - it's the other pack shown on the back that includes Fire and Ice, don't know if it's even been released yet.

And thanks for the tip on Mervyn's. No Superfriends, but plenty of yellow carded single packs I didn't really look through and (finally) the elusive Bumblebee I had yet to see.

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post
    Figured it out when I saw another Black Canary pack - it's the other pack shown on the back that includes Fire and Ice, don't know if it's even been released yet.
    No, that one hasn't been released yet. Probably some time in the fall?

Here is the pic of the series 2 Smallville figures FB mentioned in another thread.

And here is a url to a bigger pic

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/imag...guremodels.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	actionfiguremodels-tb.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	15810  
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Thanks for the pics J&H! That looks like a great likeness of Mr. Welling! I'll buy that one for sure.

btw, i saw those DC Superfriends at a Target that just opened up. They should be appearing at Targets everywhere once the action figure aisle resets, on or about 8/5 i believe.

here's the exclusive JLU 3 pack that Bruce Timm signed for me at SDCC

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...r/7bdeaea9.jpg

Nice, very nice!!!

Anybody go see "Superman : Doomsday" at SDCC???

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Nice, very nice!!!

Anybody go see "Superman : Doomsday" at SDCC???
    I wish I could have!!

Check out my post in the SR thread...someone from supermanhomepage.com reviewed it.

Those DCD Smallville figures were such a lame reveal at the end of a pretty flat presentation for the show, not a great panel. I think DCD may be aiming for failure on this one, the first round of DCD Smallville figs didn't exactly excite either.

Mattel was a tough booth to deal with for me at SDCC, they had all this unused space and it seemed super empty, the outside was ringed with displays that mixed new and old product. I had Steve shoot the stuff that seemed new to me, but I couldn't keep up because they kept putting out new product in weird locations.

JLU felt like a total nothing, they presented it as if everything was old - great job. Got a free poster of all the figs though.

DCSH was a mess, but some cool new entries buried in there. Orion was a surprise, Penguin too, The Demon, and Red Tornado??? It was like "what the...?" rather than "of course!" because they've just waited so long to do this sort of thing. '60s Batman was way out there for me, but it looks good.

Super Friends was weird, they had out wave 1 and the Batmobile, but in a strange location that guaranteed few views. Then late in the show they put out wave 2, plus 2 new vehicles for wave 2 - Aquaman's submarine (???) and the Batwing, which is really nifty.

Most surprising was The Batman. They're taking the 6" line to the next level finally, real Batman and more Robin, Bane and another villain I can't remember - and they have more articulation. But then there's the regular 4.5" line, which is adding Green Lantern, Hawkman, and 2 Superman figures! That got a HUGE "WTF" out of me, and the style is The Batman which is a shocker. Hawkman had fallen and was on his back, so I couldn't see much of him, but the other 2 were just so surreal.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, I forgot to mention, one piece of swag I got at SDCC was a little Attacktix-type minifigure thing from Mattel's upcoming '08 line. The one handed out was Superman flying, he's on a post that can be pulled back and let go to fling him like he's flying... for 3 feet. Sculpting is about on-par with Attacktix, maybe a hair better.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.